Chapter 27- An Unbreakable Vow

*** PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT! ***

MY BOOK, "THE BILLION-DOLLAR MARRIAGE CONTRACT" IS NOW OUT IN BOOKSTORES IN THE PHILIPPINES! :) HOPE YOU CAN GRAB YOUR COPIES ASAP. ;)

CHAPTER 27- AN UNBREAKABLE VOW

Fields of Elysium

The Underworld

-Hera-

She was beautiful.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw her. Even in the distance her beauty shone like a beacon. She wore all white instead of the drab silver that other souls wore-this meant that in her afterlife, she deserved Elysium too.

I focused my attention back on Theo and what he was saying. We were at the balcony having our usual cup of tea while we waited for the sun to set. As usual, we were sharing stories again. This time, it was his turn and he was sharing a story about a fishing trip.

Theo was completely unaware of the new guest in his afterlife since he had his back turned from the direction she came from. Something about her felt familiar. Or better yet, something about her made me curious enough that I barely heard Theo's story.

The woman continued her approach and when the last of the sun's rays shone on her face, my body went rigid and my jaw dropped.

It was like looking in a mirror.

She had the same features as me seeing her from afar. As she approached, I studied her more closely. My hair was black and hers was more of a dark brown and it was straight compared to my curly or wavy one. Her eyes were more green than hazel. But we had the same high cheekbones and the same stubborn nose.

Theo must've noticed my inattention and preoccupation. I heard him stop talking and saw him turn around. Then, it was as if time slowed. Theo's eyes widened and I heard his gasp. He stood up so quickly that he even knocked back his chair. And then in a flash, he was running out of the balcony and down the stone steps.

"Theo, wait!" I shouted.

It was as if he didn't hear me. Theo continued running down the long hallways of the castle. Then, he threw open the heavy wooden doors and sprinted outside. Because it was Theo's afterlife, it responded to his mood.

The wind picked up speed and the trees bent in its will. The setting of the sun also seemed to stop so it could still give-off much needed light.

Theo and the unknown woman reached each other. Again, it was as if everything was in slow motion. Theo bent his tall frame and gathered her in his arms. Then, he swung her around and around. She wrapped her arms around him and tilted her head downwards while she kissed him deeply.

And that was when it hit me. This is Pauline. Theo's ex-fiancee. The woman he loved and lost a few years ago.

Seeing them like that felt like being sucker-punched. It felt like being run over by a truck. It felt like drowning.

Yes, it hurt. So gods-damned much. Tears slowly filled my eyes. I refused to let them fall.

I was the outsider here. I know that in my heart. She was Theo's greatest love and she was his greatest loss as well. And there's no other person in the world he'd love as much as he loved her because she was his fated.