Jace

I wanna crack a smile at Clio, but I can't decide if I'm too pissed off or too horny. Her boobs are making a perfect resting spot for my head, and she doesn't seem to mind. Besides the growling of her stomach, she isn't really moving. Except for her mouth. She's been non-stops trying to get me and Dad to talk. And, like it's a huge ass surprise, we're not.

Clio sighs. "Guys, really, I'm hungry," she moans.

I sigh. "I'll give you this--"

"NO! Watch your mouth, Jace," she snaps. "Senator, please talk to him! Please. You're supposed to be about the people--AN' I'M THE PEOPLE."

I turn to the goons. "Bring her some Wheaties or somethin'--bitches love Wheaties."

Her hand comes down on my chest. "I swear, you infuriate me..."

"Sexually?"

She groans.

I grin. "Whoa, calm down, Clio, there are other people in this room."

She turns to my dad. "Do somethin' with him!"

He shrugs. "You heard the boy--get the girl some Wheaties. Or whatever we have in the pantry. Food is plenty here."

The goons leave. Now it's just us in the room. Besides the sounds of an empty stomach and breathing, there's nothing else.

I grab Clio's hands and place them around my neck. She pushes me off of her in response. "Nope. Not until you talk with your dad." She gives me a stern, mother-hen type look.

I roll my eyes. "Not gonna happen."

"Well, no boobies for you then." She crosses her chest, leaning against the wall.

Damn.

The door opens and a bag of chips come flying through. I reach for them, but she knocks me out of the way and grabs them. "FOOD! YES FOOD OMGGGG FOOD." She rips open the bag and stuffs a few into her mouth. "So happy."

I glare at the goons. "Are those Wheaties?"

They look back at the bag and shake their heads. 

I sigh. "Didn't I ask for Wheaties?" I try to keep my voice neutral, but when I want somebody to have something, I want them to have exactly what they want. And Clio likes Wheaties. She eats them all the time. "I suggest you go get some damn Wheaties before I rip your nuts off."

The bigger one glares at me. "With what?"

I stand up, pulling back the sleeves of my hoodie. "My bare hands, you gorilla."

Clio grabs my pants leg. "You know, you're talkin' to the wrong person...." 

I take a deep breath. "Clio--"

"Don't fuss at me. Fuss at your dad. I'm not your problem." The look she gives me is way too wise for someone her age.

I look at my dad, standing there is a suit as always, immaculate. Not a strand of hair is out of place. His smile is ever white, his dimples on full show. Only his eyes--eyes I inherited, eyes that women love--suggest what he really feels like. He's torn. Just like me.

"Will it make you happy?" I ask Clio. Because I'd rather eat my own ear raw than talk to him. But if it'll make her smile, I'll do it.

She nods, stuffing more food into her face. 

"Fine." I give my dad a long hard look, knowing I won't enjoy this. "But you're stayin' right here."

</3 </3 </3 </3

It's quiet as the goons leave. My dad gives me a look like I'm supposed to say something, but I'm at a lost for the words. I've said plenty of disgusting things in front of Clio, but the words I want to say now to him would make me blush. So I keep them in my mouth, my tongue pressed against my cheek so I don't make it awkward for her. She doesn't have to be here. Dad said he'd release her to her car a long time ago.