Atlantis: The King's Return | 1

If you would like to purchase this on Amazon, click the external link! Paperback is also available.

Please take this moment to VOTE, it would mean the world to me.

__________________________________________________

"Going on this cruise will be good for you! It might be a couple's thing, and I'd go with you if I could, but I have so much work to catch up on."

"I can't go on a couple's cruise by myself, Ray. I'd look pathetic."

"No you won't, Mari. Listen, I know some people on the cruise that you can hang out with. Don't worry about not having fun; you will. It'll be a good break from all this stress."

"This really isn't a good idea..."

"Of course it is. I really would go with you, sweetie, if I wasn't so busy."

As Mari stared out at the bright blue waves that broke against the ship's hull, she wanted to strangle Ray. Oh, she'd tried refusing, fighting back, playing seasick and had even tried to feign drowning in the hotel's pool where they'd been staying. Yet nothing had worked. She'd begged and pleaded all the way to the giant cruise ship's loading deck, but her words had fallen on deaf ears.

"Damn him," she muttered, shielding her eyes against the bright sun. God, she'd never been in a place so bright and...well, blinding. As an Oregon resident, she was used to tall trees and long rains.

She heard a couple giggling behind her, and she stopped herself from turning around and telling them to get a room. It was only her first hour on the cruise—they'd left shore not even fifteen minutes ago—and on her way to the rail she'd found five couples making out, two of which had had their hands in places that they shouldn't have, and she'd heard...sounds: horrible, terrible sounds coming from one of the rooms on her way up.

What had Ray been thinking?

This was supposed to be an anniversary present, and he'd sent her here alone! Three years together, and the asshole had sent her a couple's cruise by herself.

Because of "work."

Her eyes narrowed into slits as she gazed at the crashing, splitting waves; salty air enveloped her like a damp embrace, catching her off guard.

As the sensation traveled through her body, the waves slowly began to blur.

Her stomach heaved.

Oh god. She pushed herself away from the rail, feeling as if her throat was doing a workout while she struggled to keep the bile down.

Really bad idea. She stumbled to the side, barely catching herself, and looked up in embarrassment at the couple watching her like she'd lost her head.

"Are you okay?" the bubbly blonde asked, hanging off her man's arm as if she'd been sown to it. The guy didn't bother looking her way; he was too busy  necking his girl.

This isn't even a couple's cruise, she thought. It's more like a live-porno.

Her head reeled, and she rushed to her cabin, not giving them another glance. Thankfully, no one was cluttering the lower halls of the ship. Ray had gotten a room on the lower level of the ship, and she didn't know whether to be grateful or furious at him.

She didn't have much time to contemplate what she should feel before the slow rocking of the ship sent her running to the bathroom. She threw open the toilet seat.