Chapter Two "A day's life"

Chapter 2: Today...

I stared to the sky. Blue skies, sometimes an Ambellic Parrot, which flew near. Resembled me to Earth. Earth where I got raised, where I had friends, family and others. Some screeching disturbed me watching. Berry, my Ambellic Parrot, was screeching for some attention from me. I walked to the sitting bird and stroke his head. He seemed to like it very much, and said some "words", as it wasn't more then some babbling.

There was no school for today. "The weather's too nice for it, so enjoy the day." Mr. Hobbs said to us, yesterday. The annually heat wave was coming, so most people went outside for a long time. The floor under me is still cold, but not as cold like I'm standing with my feet in the ice. I went outside, and the first thing I saw was a billboard with "Welcome to the Colony of Saarlen IV" on it. Saarlen IV, I could still hear those words in my mind, said by my own mother. "So.. guess, Keely? We're moving to Saarlen IV." I cried like the whole afternoon after hearing that. I was sad, and afraid as well.

When I went outside, the average climate outside just wasn't tropical-alike. I looked around me. There were houses and buildings, like those in the early 21th century. All houses from different cultures. I felt the sand of the planet under my feet, while I saw Pinball, one of Saarlen IV's moons, while it was much closer then Earth's. Then, I saw Josh and Katie talking with eachother on the corner. Josh waved to me, Katie did as well. I waved back, and said: "Well... luckily we're not in those hot classrooms...". "Mr. Hobbs is a pretty cool guy, by giving us a free day..." Katie replied.

I walked trough, while I saw many people, and also some Marooner Pigeons on the Colony's plaza. They resembled much to the pigeons on Earth, but these had greater wings and were perfectly camouflaged for the desert.

I heard the Colony's gate opening from a distance. When I looked at it, I saw that men and women in dark green suits were walking in. One of them looked at me. The man had brownish hair and a stubbled beard.