Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

Reece's P.O.V:

My phone rings for the twelfth time. I feel it vibrating in my pocket, but I don't pick up. It's probably Abi or Nikki.  

I've been crying for over four hours and my eyes sting and are in pain, but I don't really care.

I continue playing, ignoring the phone and that song that's blaring out from it. The song that started it all.

''It's gotta be you,

only you.'' I mumble, my right hand flowing over the strings of my guitar while my left hand holds the right chord for the song.

It stops, leaving me alone in silence, with my own pain and tears and whatever else comes with a broken heart.

I bow my head and look at my guitar, watching the droplets of water trickle down it. In a weird type of sense, it looks like a waterfall. I hope my tears haven't ruined my guitar.

Barely acknowledging the missed calls - one from Shyla and the others from Abi and Nikki - I click onto my notes and start tapping away, sudden inspiration coming to me.

So many things I want to say

But can't find the words to speak

Don't think I'll lay down for you

To just walk all over me

Not gonna walk all over me.

The phone starts ringing and I press Receive instead of Ignore, accidentally.

The sound of someone crying on the other end of the line makes me pause.

''Shyla?'' I use my voice for the first time since this afternoon. It doesn't sound like me. I'm numb and I sound strangled.

''Reece, I-I'm...'' she replies, crying even more.

Even in my state, I manage to dredge up some sort of concern. ''Where are you?''

''At home,'' I hear the toilet flush in the background. She's in the bathroom then. Maybe being sick.

''What's wrong?'' I sound tired, exhausted. As if I've given up on everything. I lean back onto the grass, letting a tiny sigh escape my lips.

But it looks like I can't give up just yet.

''Reece. Help me.''

~*~

I'm clever in choosing the right time to go home.

I get in when Abi and Nikki are at the party. They said Louis had given them invitations when they saw them before, so they don't need me to get into the party.

On my way back, with my tear-stained guitar in my hands and my tear-stained face looking down, at about half eight, I was debating with myself whether to go to the party or not. There are no pros to going to the party, there are only cons.

One of them would be to see him.

And if - when - I did, I'd have to act as if nothing has happened, as if I hadn't seen Sky and him kissing in the kitchen.

I throw my guitar down on my bed, sitting down beside it, with my face in my hands, trying to collect myself.

How am I going to be able to do this?

How am I going to be able to look him in the eyer and smile, as if everything is okay?

But it's not.

I'm not.

I get ready for the party in a trance, not knowing why I'm actually going. I shower, I dress, I brush my hair... it all seems so pathetic. Things to do when I could be in bed, crying my heart out.