Part 1

The Brooklyn Sisters    

by sloanranger

Part  # 1

 Al's Packard screeched to a stop in front of the large house on Decatur Street, his right front tire resting on top of the curb. As soon as he got out of the car and ran to his apartment, he could hear his sister-in-law, Angie, screaming louder than his bad brakes.

She was sitting at the kitchen table and his wife Dotty was standing beside her, chewing gum like always.           

"Dotty, what the hell's the matter with her?" 

"I don't know, Al. She was standing at the sink and all of a sudden she goes berserk and starts sobbing like crazy. I can't get a word out of her."

Dotty turned to her sister. "Look, Ange, Al's here. Tell him what's wrong."

This didn't faze Al's sister-in-law at all except to look up and give him a dirty look, then she continued sobbing.

"How long's she been at it?" Al said, thinking she had to get tired eventually.

"It started about half hour before I called you. Old lady Steinbeiser yelled over she's calling the cops."

"The way her old man listens to Jack Paar all night?" Al let out a few choice expletives and added: "It ain't even five yet!"

"I'm just telling ya, Al."

"Angela, for crissake what's wrong with you?"

His sister-in-law turned, glaring and after letting out another yowl - started banging her feet up and down on the floor.

"For crying-out-loud, Angie," Al said, realizing the irony. "You gotta stop before somebody calls the cops." 

Angie kept bawling and continued with the foot stomping. Then Dotty got an idea. 

(To be continued).