The Unholy Trinity-Chapter Nineteen

When she walked into English class on Monday morning, Fallon made sure to smile at Wendy. Griffin laughed when he saw what she was doing.

            “Better be careful, or she’ll try to exorcise you again,” he warned.

            Fallon grimaced as she glanced at the back of her hand. The only reason Wendy and the others even tried that is because she was sleeping. There was no way they would’ve done that in the light of day and risk having to face Lucian.

            I dare you to try something now, Fallon thought as she stared at Wendy.

Wendy didn’t look away, but Fallon could see a hint of fear lurking in her eyes. Throughout class, she kept casting glances at Griffin and Fallon. As soon as the bell rang to end first period, Fallon expected her to shoot out the door. Instead, she waited until they reached the front of the room before she moved to exit with them. Lucian was already waiting for Fallon, and he offered up a smile at seeing Wendy walking alongside them.

“This is interesting,” Lucian observed as he moved to take Fallon’s hand.

“What do you want, Wendy?” Fallon demanded.

“I have a message from Christian.”

“What is it?” Griffin asked.

“He wants to meet with the three of you at lunch today,” Wendy said, and the twins traded glances.

“Why?” Fallon asked.

“You’ll just have to show up to find out,” Wendy retorted. “Meet us in the library at noon.”

“No way,” Lucian said. “You seriously don’t expect us to walk into a trap do you?”

“It’s not a trap,” Wendy insisted. “That’s why he picked the library.”

“Tell Jesus Junior no deal,” Griffin answered. “If he wants to meet with us it has to be in someplace more public than that.”

“Like the cafeteria,” Fallon suggested.

“It’s too noisy in there,” Wendy protested.

“Guess we won’t be seeing you at lunch then,” Lucian said and started to walk away.

“Wait,” Wendy called after them, and they stopped and turned to face her. “Let me talk to Christian. If he says it’s okay, we’ll meet you there at noon.”

Lucian grinned at her. “We’re looking forward to it,” he said as she hurried down the hall to get away from them.

“What do you think that’s about?” Fallon asked.

“My guess is he didn’t take kindly to our threats against one of his fold,” Lucian said.

“I can’t wait to find out though,” Griffin said. “Guess I’ll see you in the cafeteria at noon.”

“See ya,” Lucian said.

“What do you think Christian’s up to?” Fallon asked.

“I don’t know, but we’ll see soon enough.”

“How come you guys wanted to meet in public when you can stop time?”

“Because we’re not about to let Church and his Christ groupies call the shots.”

Fallon smiled. “You think I’ll ever be any good at figuring out this stuff?”

Lucian moved to embrace her. “Baby, you’re already halfway there,” he said, and then they both laughed.