Chapter 2

Dedicated to @LoveToWrite0089 for leaving the most awesome comment. Really made my day. Thanks for reading! :)

I reached home and rushed straight to the shower. I needed to clear my mind. After a good long hour in the shower, I felt at peace with myself.

I put on the fake police costume I had and placed the badge I had in my pocket. I took the gun out of my school sling bag, and tucked it behind my belt. I got around, I knew every person worth knowing in this city. I then tied my long straight hair into a ponytail and applied the very basic makeup. I put on my black and gold aviators and checked my reflection in the mirror. I looked, well, professional. I hoped I would pass of as a cop. There was information that I needed and immediately.

"John. I'm going today. Ill keep you updated." I said curtly

John was a cop, and though he didn't appreciate my ways, he trusted me. I knew he could get me whatever I wanted from the Police Department, I never felt satisfied enough if I didn't go through it myself and check everything.

He was around 25, and was a very close family friend of ours. He was the most amazing cop, and the most trustworthy person I knew. He was extremely good looking, with rippling muscles from his time at the gym, though he preferred to say that cop duty had it perks.

I reached the records storehouse at around 12:30. I had learned that the best time to enter was during lunch, when everybody was busy, and no one really cared. I went around to the back to the huge building, and entered the long narrow passage.

It had been a while since I had come here, this time I would make sure to get a Xerox of all the documents before I left, unlike last time. It had been really foolish of me. Even though John had got the same documents for me, I knew something was missing. I couldn't place exactly what was, but something definitely was.

I reached the end of the narrow tunnel, and set to work immediately. I really hope I remembered this. I opened the red door, with the danger sign sprayed on it, and pulled the power trip that had L marked above it. That was the one for the lobby, as far as I remembered. I knew people wouldn't bother themselves during lunch and that they'd just check it later. I rushed back to the main entrance, and walked glibly upto the main desk. It was a few minutes past one. Perfect. 

I heard a few people muttering about the power cut, and about getting to it after lunch, and smiled to myself.

"Agent Calloway. Document Lab." I said curtly, flashing my badge for a second too less.

"We need to check your identity. The computers off, power trip." The semi bald cop guard said eyeing me.

"I don't have all day, let me in, or get that thing working immediately. I'm in a hurry." I said I my usual icy voice.

He ushered me in ungraciously muttering how insensitive agents were to show up at lunch time and order them around.

I followed the signs, and after taking a hundred turns, in the long and winding passages, I reached the guarded section. Here were all the documents of the NSA.

It was unlocked. John, as perfect as always. I knew he had arranged this, or not getting into this section was close to impossible.

I immediately made my way to the 'B' section, and started looking for Mr. Hossini Blacks' file. It was a thick file, with hundreds if pages. I would restrict my search to 'Somalia', 'shipments' and 'red'.

I knew I didn't have much time, less than an hour.  

I flipped through the pages, there was nothing that caught my attention in the first 50 pages,

Graduated from Oxford, Masters from MIT, Joined NSA at the age of 25, and details about one case after another..

I suddenly saw a red marker popping out of one of the pages.

It dated- 12 March 2013. That was 2 months back!

I skimmed through the page, and it was exactly what I was looking for!

I quickly got a xerox of the 30 pages and exited the building. 1:45. Close call.

I drove to the nearest McDonalds, ad my stomach was sending me signals that it needed a refill. And I could go through the documents properly there.

~~**~~

I grabbed a burger and a coke, and sat in the corner most and most isolated table.

'Case closed 2 months back.'

'Only unsolved case by Mr. Black.'

Mr. Black had been working on the case of a gang murder of top NSA agents in Somalia. All of them had been accused of illegitimate shipments to Somalia, but no proof had ever been collected. And there wasn't enough evidence to arrest any of the suspects of the case.

There were a more than a hundred names in the 'other casualties section'. 

I immediately crumpled those pages and threw them in the trash. I couldn't bear to go through them.

I was engrossed in reading the documents, and without looking up reached to grab my coke. Funnily it wasn't there.

Jack was seated at the other end and was happily sipping away my coke.

When on earth did he come? I hadn't noticed him take my coke that was an inch away from me! Weird.

I hastily stuffed the documents in my sling bag and got up to leave.

"At least finish your burger" he said in a mocking voice

I turned around to see a half eaten burger on the table.

"Uh- right."

I sat back again and started eating it. Stuffing it in rather. I did NOT want to be talk to him or have anything to do with him. Infact I wanted to stay as far away as possible.

"Cop? You could go to jail for that"

"None of your business" I said with my mouth full

"Sel, I don't know your story, but sometimes you have to let go."

I had heard that so many times before. Another philosopher. I did NOT need.

"Coming to the party tonight?"

"Maybe." I replied

"See you there." He said getting up and walking away.

It was strange, when he was with me, all I wanted to do was to get away. But when he wasn't, all I wished was to be with him.

"Jack, are you stalking me?"

How he turned up everywhere I was, remained a mystery.

He turned around and looked at me intently before replying

"We have way more in common, than you can ever imagine."

----------------------------------------

This chapter is a bit sucky, but let me know what you think? Suggestions please!