Chapter 17

Chapter 17

After the announcement of the rogue pack coming to attack around next week, everyone spread out. Jade left to go cook cupcakes. I guess she cooks when she's stressed or upset. Rane followed his mom. He loves cupcakes. Mr. Moore went back to paperwork. Rane's sister came to sit next to me. I found out her name was Mckenzie.

She and I sat on a plush white couch. It was meant for about four people, so we had enough room to spread out.

Mckenzie had asked if I had gone to the doctor's yet, which I said no. I had just started thinking about it, but I really didn't want to go. I absolutely hated hospitals. I didn't have a reason, I just didn't like the feeling of being in a hospital. Not to mention that I was just in one about two months ago. 

After I had told her no she started pestering me into going. I knew that I should to check on the baby. After an hour of her pestering, eating cupcakes, Rane pestering, eating pickles, Jade pestering, and worrying about gaining too much weight - ha, I was already prego - I finally agreed to go to the doctor's for an ultrasound.

They got me an appointment at a local hospital this weekend.

It was now Monday morning. I had went back home much to Rane's disappointment. Shane was happy to see me and he slept with me last night as his mom (if she actually was?) was being weird again and had stayed up in her room. 

I get up, stretching out my sore and tired muscles. Shane is already out of the bed. I jump in the shower and look down at the little bump there. It was just a slight bump but if others were to see my belly, they would know that I was expecting. It filled me with joy to see it. I had a little human in there. Well, half-human.

I get dressed in black skinny jeans and a hoodie. I didn't want everyone to know that I was pregnant yet. It was still a shock to myself. I straighten my hair and put a bit of make up on. I look in the mirror and tilt my head to see where Rane had claimed me. A small silver crescent moon with two paw prints are there. It looks like a tattoo almost.

The beeping of a car has me looking up from the cereal in the bowl before me. I walk out the door and see Rane's car. He motions me over to the white Chevrolet Camaro. I walk over to him, confused as to why he is here.

"Why are you at my house?" I ask him. His face goes into a pout.

"Do you want me to leave?" I shake my head no. Of course I didn't. He smiles. "Well then hop in! I'm going to take you out to breakfast." My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion.

"Won't we be late for school?" he gives me a dull look that says 'and I care... why?'. I nod and hop in.

When we get to a little café that was just down the road, he turns to me. His left hand is out to me and his right hand goes to his heart.

"Will you, Elaina Harper, be my, Rane Moore's, girlfriend?" I smile and shake my head. Oh he is too much sometimes. I look back at him and nod.

"Of course." My heart is over joyed. I was Rane Moore's girlfriend! Well I was also his mate... He smiles too, obviously happy.

"Well, why don't we get our first date started then?" he hops out of the car and strolls over to my side. He opens my door - such a gentleman. He also helps me out - wow, who knew he was such a good guy?

"Lets go, Elaina. We have to do the whole dating thing before you get too big to walk properly," and he ruined it. I playfully slap his shoulder.

"You're to blame." He only laughs.

We make our way up the pavement, it was quite slippery from the ice and snow. Me being me, I slip and fall. At first, Rane is all worried but when he sees that I am fine, he busts out laughing.

"Stop laughing and help me up, asshole!" I yell at him and rub my butt  where I fell on it. "I think I broke my butt..." I whine which makes him laugh louder. He sticks out a hand and tries to pull me up. The ice is too slippery and this time, we both fall. We both land with a groan.

Rane is also rubbing his bottom. "I definitely broke my butt." I cry out. I laugh at Rane.

Rane laughs and then groans again. We hang on to each other to get up, finally succeeding. An elder couple is just walking into the café and they smile at us. I think I hear "young love" muttered by them but I dismiss it. He was laughing at me after I fell!

Getting to the door, he pushes it open with a "ladies first." I feel his gaze on my butt and I frown. I'm quite sure that 'ladies first' was created by men so they could see our ass.

The café is not full, only a couple old men with coffee and the elderly couple from earlier. We go and get a seat in a booth near the back, sitting across from each other. An older lady comes to take our order. Was this diner for old people or something?

We order our food and drinks. While we wait, Rane decides to just stare at me. I raise my brow questioningly, and he shrugs. "I like looking at you," he simply states and continues looking. I decide to stare at him too.

Our food finally arrives and we talk while we eat. I learned a lot. First date things, you know? What his likes and dislikes were. Like how he likes to watch movies but hates to read books where I love both. He also tells me about the time he first broke his arm. He fell off of a tree trying to "save" a cat. Since he was a werewolf, the cat didn't like him and kept trying to evade him. It was only broken for about ten minutes before it healed itself. The cat didn't need saving as once he fell, the thing jumped down and sauntered away.

When we're done, Rane pays the bill and leaves a tip. We get to the school and I let out a tortured sigh. I didn't like much attention and I knew that I would be getting a lot being Rane's girlfriend and mate. It seems we weren't that late to school and we had about five minutes before the late bell rang.

As soon as we step out of the car, everyone quiets. Rane puts his arm around my waist and we start to walk.

"The weres will be able to smell that we have mated - marking you as their Luna or Alpha female." I did start to notice the slight turning of heads in a submissive manner, directed to me. "Some might be able to tell you are pregnant but most won't for another week or two."

I nod and look around, hating the attention. I get glares from most of the girls (werewolf or not). The only ones who aren't glaring are the ones I could tell had a mate. Some girls winked at me and then continued to kiss their mate. Most of the males winked at Rane or nodded their head in recognition of me.

I didn't like it. I could practically hear the angry and frustrated growls of the girl werewolves around me. I sighed and leaned into Rane. It was going to be a long week.

_____________________________