Chapter 8: Easy

Sarah's POV

I came home, and Zarah was waiting at the door. I gave her a look, and asked, "What?"

"It must have been fun at Alveenah's house, right?" She asked. I nodded. Than she rolled her eyes, and looked around. "Come in. Mom and Dad aren't home. They went grocery shopping."

I stepped into the house and Zarah closed the door, and asked, "Wanna be honest?" Honest?

"What?" I asked, "Honest about what?"

"About where you really were?" She replied. I nodded my head.

"Promise you won't tell?" I asked. She nodded. "I went to the mall." I said.

She scowled. "Fine. Let me ask you again. Where were you, Sarah?" 

In the end, I told her. I told her from the beginning to the end. "So he's going to start stalking you?"

"What? How'd you come up with that conclusion??" I asked.

"But it looks like he liked you though." She opened the freezer and took out a box of cookies and cream ice cream. "And I can finally understand why you were under the impression of hating Muslims." She said, licking her fingers as she opened the messy box. "But he should start respecting Muslims more. I mean, you're living with us. Your biological parents are Muslims for god sake!"

I looked down. "I already broke it off. He was starting to get on my nerves."

She stared at me. "Oh.... I can't really say anything about that." We both fell quiet.

The Next Morning

"Did you see my red socks?" Zarah asked, panicked. 

"There's a billion other pairs of socks." I said, slipping on a grey cardigan. 

"NO! I NEED THEM! I'LL DIE WITHOUT THEM!" Zarah screamed.

"Uh, why?" I asked. 

"Red is like a blankie for me! How could you say that?" B-Blankie? Red?? She NAMED her socks?

After we got out of the house, Zarah finally looked composed. She grinned.

"Why are you grinning?" I asked.

"We're gonna make an MSA~!" 

"After we find a teacher, that is." She patted me on the back.

"I found one!" She said, proudly. "I wanted it to be a surprise, but I couldn't hold it in!" 

She marched up to the car. I ran after her. "WHEN did you find her??" I asked, amazed.

"After school!" 

_______________________

Assalamualaykum,

Short Chapter. Sorry, but please be patient!

My story:

We found a staff advisor for OUR MSA. BUT, there were a billion problems.

One of the problems is: BOYS.

I'll ask you guys a question, and I want you guys to answer honestly. Please.

No matter how much you want to lower your gaze, if you're doing something (like an MSA) that involves the communication of both brothers and sisters in Islam, would you guys communicate with the opposite gender?

In order for an MSA to work, I found out that you can't get anything done with out talking to your the oppsite gender.

Do you guys think it's okay to talk to the opposite gender if you have honest, good, and important intentions?