[1] New Town

WARNING:

If you read Wolf Rage before this one, I actually wrote this story FIRST when I was 16 years old, then Wolf Rage yearssss later so the writing won't be as good in this story. At this point I'd rather rewrite the entire story than edit this. So enjoy (if you can haha)

 [1] New Town

"You're so lame." Massie Wilton huffed, shaking her head at her younger sister. "What's so wrong about moving to a new school? Clear Valley wasn't that impressive anyway. The boys were very whiny and those girls were much too petty for my taste."

Massie's younger sister, Lydia, rolled her violet eyes, violet eyes that her older sister had inherited from their mother as well. "Clear Valley was a good school and it was ranked highly on the academic charts."

"Whatever." Massie waved off. "Regardless, I'm glad we're moving."

The car did a sharp turn, almost hitting a driver ahead. The driver screamed profanities at Massie's father, who in return said a few, calm remarks that made the man flush red and yell even louder in indignation. Her mother yawned and continued filing her nails, ignoring the argument beside her. Massie and Lydia did just as well; this wasn't the first person their father almost crashed and got into an argument with, he could be so reckless sometimes.

"I checked Dark Falls' academic status, it does not compare to that of Clear Valley."

"It does not compare to that of Clear Valley," Massie mimicked her sister, mocking. "Seriously, how are we related?"

"Haha very funny," her sister deadpanned. 

Massie grabbed her headphones and jammed them into her ear so as not to hear her sister continue babble about nonsense. There was no one in her previous school she cared enough to keep contact with. She felt no qualms about starting things new.

"Babe, I can see your lips moving but I hear nothing." Massie closed her eyes and relaxed as Lydia complained to their mother about Massie ignoring her. Mrs. Wilton, already used to their daily bickering kissed her youngest daughter and offered her a chocolate bar she had saved in her bag as consolation.

As she listened to her music Massie hoped this new town would not disappoint her.  She was a wild girl, always looking for an adventure and ways to have fun. Lydia, on the other hand, thought these things gibberish. She believed all a person needed was a good education and an extremely well-paying job. Beyond that Lydia thought a waste of time. Poor Lydia, maybe Dark Falls would do good to her, she definitely needed to loosen up.

<<<>>>

Massie opened her eyes to see the black sky with its star-speckled hue. No street lights were around them, only the moon provided light to see the road ahead and the many trees surrounding them. She guessed she had fallen asleep for quite a few hours. Beside her Lydia was sleeping soundly, and upfront she could hear her parents speaking in low tones over the song playing on the radio.

Ahead of the road she caught sight of Dark Falls; it differed from any other town she had been to before. The town was a nice size, not so small there was barely any people living there, but not so big it was overcrowded. In the center was civilization with all of it's people, but after that it was miles and miles of forest that seemed to stretch on forever.

As they neared Massie began to have awkward feeling, it felt as if everything around her was alive with a spirit that enveloped around them. Something about the way the trees moved against the wind wasn't inviting—nor was it unwelcoming. It was more like a warning with a spark of anticipation, and the closer they got to Dark Falls, the heavier the feeling became.

Instead of being frightened Massie smiled. She knew coming here wouldn't be a mistake. She wasn't sure what awaited her here, but something told her she would be in for a long, wild ride.

Author's Note: Please comment & vote :D <3