[11] Tears Don't Fall

ELEVEN:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

///ONE YEAR LATER\\\

{Friday, September 21, 2012}

I stood in front of the full length mirror, examining my dress. "Oh, honey, you look beautiful," Mom replied, putting my veil crown on.

"Thanks, Mom."

She did the finishing touches on me and I looked at myself in the full-length mirror again. I did look beautiful. Felicia came into the room with the bouquet of flowers. The bouquet of flowers were pink, red, and white roses. She handed them to me. "Thank you," I answered politely, taking them from her.

"You're welcome."

I held the flowers in front of me. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked beautiful. My wedding dress flowed out to the floor. My veil was as long as my wedding dress. The top part of my wedding dress was empathized with beads and stuff. My wedding dress was strapless. I truly looked beautiful.

My makeup also added a little oomph to my beautifulness.

[Jaden's POV:]

My best man, Derrick Ryan, and my groomsmen, Zach Teller and Corey Longrun, followed me into the sanctuary. The preacher was waiting on the stage. We walked onto the stage. "Hello, sir," the preacher said. "Are you Jaden Parker?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, it's nice to meet you," the preacher replied, smiling at me.

"You too, sir."

The preacher explained to me the process and how things are going to go.

When the ceremony started, the pianists started playing 'Here Comes the Bride.'

I watched as my (soon-to-be) stepdaughter, Zelda, walked down the aisle throwing flowers in front of her, her maid-of-honor, Brittany Bell, and two bridesmaids, Sidney
Ryan and Felicia Ryan, walked behind Zelda and then my beautiful bride walking behind them. Her dad had his arm looped through her arm. When she got to the bottom step, her dad pushed her veil back and kissed her cheek. She then came and stood in place. 'I can't believe I'm marrying this woman. My wonderful girlfriend is now going to be my beautiful wife.' As the preacher said the vows, I kept my eyes on Maci. Finally he said, "Jaden Parker, do you take Maci Ryan to be wife. In sickness and health. Poorness and richness. Good and bad."

"I do," I answered.

The preacher turned to Maci. "Maci Ryan, do you take Jaden Parker to be your husband? In sickness and health. Poorness and richness. Good and bad."

"I—" she was cut off by the doors being pushed open and Jason shouting, "Stop the wedding!"

I heard Maci curse under her breath. "Why?" she asked, turning to face him.

"Maci, I was going through our old shoebox we had when we dated and I found this note you gave me the night before you lost your virginity to me."

[Maci's POV:]

The entire audience turned their attention to Jason. I smacked my hand against my face. 'Why?' He unfolded the note and read it out loud.

"The note says: Dear, Jason, I love you so damn much and I want to spend the rest of my fucking life with you. Jason, I'm ready to lose my virginity to you. I'm ready to start a family with you. I'm ready to call myself your wife. And Jason, you're the most sexiest person alive, that I know. I love you so damn much, Jason Nicholas Bell. And hopefully one of these days I'll be Mrs. Jason Nicholas Bell. I love you so damn much, baby. Love, Maci."

The entire church went silent and silent tears rolled down my face, messing up my makeup.

"Maci, I'm not trying to ruin your wedding, but this note says you love me a lot and you want to spend the rest of your life with me," Jason said, coming forward.

I looked at my fiancé. He stepped back and I turned my attention to the crowd. I bit my bottom lip as I looked at Jason. That's when I noticed something shiny hanging from his neck, so I leaned in closer to get a better look. It was the necklace I gave two days before we slept together. "Jason, you're still wearing my locket heart necklace I gave you," I whispered, looking up at him.

"Mm-hmm."

"But I thought after you ditched—"

"Baby, I never ditched you. You weren't just my one nightstand. After I slept with you, I realized we didn't used protection, so I knew what was going to happen and I wasn't ready to become a daddy at fifteen. I didn't mean to ditch you. But my mind was going crazy. But I never meant to ditch you."

"But what about Addison?" I asked. "You're still with her, right?"

"She cheated on me, so her and I broke up," Jason answered.

"Jason, I. . ."

That's when someone else busted into the church. "Jaden, I love you!" they screamed.

Jason and I turned around and standing there was Addison. Jaden turned to her. "Addison, we broke up almost two and a half years ago," he hissed.

"I know, Jaden. But I still love you and I don't want you to marry that fucking bitch! We all know you never loved her. You were only dating her for revenge."

He started messing with his collar. "Is it me? Or is it hot in here?" he mumbled.

I turned to him. "Jaden, you think I'm a fucking bitch? And you were only dating me so you could win Addison back?"

He slowly nodded his head. "I can't believe I had a kid with you! I can't believe I loved you! I can't fucking believe I didn't kick your fucking ass when I had the fucking chance," I screamed.

"Maci, I'm real—"

"Shut the fuck up! Jaden, you know what, I know pronounce you and my ass husband and wife! You may now kiss my fucking ass!" I yelled.

Jaden walked off the stage with his head hanging low and left the church with Addison. "I can't fucking believe that dickhead. He only dated me for revenge."

"Maci, I'm still madly in love with you," Jason explained to me. "I always have been and always will be. Maci, I want to permanently be a part of Zelda's life again." Jason got onto one knee and opened a engagement ring box. 'Oh my gosh!' "Maci Anastasia Ryan, will you marry me?"

I gasped. "Jason, I will."

A huge smile made its way onto Jason's face. He took the engagement ring from its box and replaced Jaden's engagement ring with his engagement ring. Zelda pushed past Derrick and Felicia and practically jumped into her daddy's arms. "Daddy!" she screamed.

I sighed. "What's wrong, baby?" Jason asked, standing up.

"Jaden's son," I whispered.

"Huh?" he asked, looking at me.

"Liam is Jaden's biological son," I answered.

"Well, with what just had happened, it doesn't look like he's ready to take care of a child. If I have to, I'll adopt Liam."

I smiled up at him. Jason bent down and kissed my lips. "Maci, I love you so much!" he whispered to me.

"I love you too, Jason," I answered and he kissed my lips again. Kathy brought Liam over and I took him from my mom. Jason kissed Zelda's temple. My mom told Jason to stand on the second step and I stood on the platform. I'm holding Liam and Jason's holding Zelda. "Alright smile."

We all smiled and my mom pressed the SNAP button.

CLICK