Prologue

For my brother, no matter our differences, he still inspires me. Without him, this book wouldn't be possible.

Thank you IAmSeverusSnape for the book cover!

Prologue

War and Conquest charged on their steeds with wicked grins on their faces into the rows of men that had come to greet them on the battlefield. More fresh souls, just ripe for the picking.

War jumps off his fiery red stallion landing with a resounding thump as his heavily armored mass slams into the ground. A rippling shock wave through the ground from the impact of his landing emanating around the spot. Leaning up and back with his massive double edged sword in hand, War emits a mighty battle cry. The forces around him stumble back and stare in shock as three of their comrades are crushed beneath his feet into the mud. At least they were spared with a quick death. The others may not be so fortunate in the coming slaughter. Screams of terror filled the air as heroes fell in throes of pain under the reign of the horsemen in battle.

War and Conquest relished in every swing of the sword and shot of the arrow. Famine calmly strides across the battlefield, selecting at random those who will fall to his hands by a sudden force of starvation. A simple flick of the wrist, a soldier to his left falls clutching desperately to his abdomen as his body shrivels in mere moments, a seeming eternity of torture before all vital organs shut down in failure.

Death however, remains on the fringes of the battle, no the massacre, sitting atop his pallid, sickly green steed. Watching with great mirth as his accomplice completes his work with the utmost grace and merely a touch. Hades, Deaths greatest weapon, dances in the throngs of panic stricken souls. Lighting the tip of a finger here and there, snickering as his unsuspecting victims are too paralyzed with fear of these most deadly adversaries. Hollow screams could be heard as souls straight were rendered straight from the flesh and banishing them to eternity as was the bidding of his master.

After all, this is why they made the deal in the first place isn't it? To unleash havoc on any and all men their master deemed undeserving of life? The armies of the world stood no chance against these monstrosities.

A terrifying sight to behold, so beautiful, so deadly, so....ungodly. Once, these four enigmas were men, though the quickly growing legends around them state otherwise.

Edited for content