H2KAI: Release Date & All That Good Stuff!

Hey, you gorgeous people!

How to Kill an Incubus is getting published! :D

That's right: You can hold Andrei and Rae's love story in your very own hands and SOON.

After months and months of roundabout answers like a politician, I can finally confirm a release date. No, this is not a drill. I repeat: This is not a drill. Andrei is coming for you.

Firstly, can I just say how incredible you guys are? Your support has and continues to floor me. I lucked out in the Sassy, Sexy Readers Department and I'm reminded of this each time I get onto Wattpad.

So... * clears throat* I'm getting published and I can't breathe! (Because over-excitement tends to deprive one of oxygen.) I have to pinch myself and take a shot of tequila once every while, I swear. How to Kill an Incubus is coming to you on June 21. That's right: JUNE 21. 21 JUNE. 6/21. 21/6. You get the gist...GAH! And do you know why? Because of you (yes, you – with the curled toes and goosebump-prickled skin!).

If anyone told me that filling out old exercise books as a child would get me here as an adult, I would've laughed. Probably because I started writing as a hobby. It's still a hobby, but the fact that it can be something more as well? That's almost a dream come true.

And speaking of dreams come true...you guys will also be getting a bunch of FREE special content that's never been seen before. I hope you're as excited about that as I am about this!

To reiterate what I said a while back, the book had to be taken down for copyright reasons and it won't be coming back on here. For some authors, that means that they're stepping back from Wattpad, but that is not happening with me. I would never leave you guys. I'm here to stay.

Moving on to more good stuff: BLVNP Inc., my publisher, is hooking me up with an awesome website. This lovely bunch of professionals is going to be holding a book cover contest.  Yep. You read right! If you're great with Photoshop, have a lot of spare time on your hands, and enjoyed my book, YOU can submit a cover, to become the official cover of How to Kill an Incubus. Plus, your name will be put inside the book, and on the back of the physical cover of the book! To top it off, you'll win a free copy of the book to have and to hold forever. It'll be fun and I'm excited to see what you talented cover makers can do!

Just send the covers to me at kimber_lee@awesomeauthors.org by June 6.

These are the only requirements:

Book Cover Guidelines

1. Know that if we choose your cover you will get credit ON the physical cover and inside the book. This can actually help you a lot as a graphic artist and bring you future work from us and other book publishers.

2. You will have to fill out a form that lets us have the cover.

3. You cannot use any copyright images. You can use Royalty Free Images.

4. We need a high res format of the cover in JPG and Photoshop format, as well so that we can use it for the paperback version of the book.

5. Cover Image size should be 5.5 by 8.5 inches in 300 Pixels per inch resolution.

6. Hints....

• The cover has to look good when Amazon Thumbnail size. The idea is that people WANT to click on it when they see the thumb nail. 

• The text needs to be readable. 

• You should use only 1 font. 

• The cover needs the title AND the author's name

7. The cover needs to have the Title and the Author's Name visible.

8. If your covers wins we will do everything we can to use it. If it wins we will WANT to use it because that will give us the most future sales. BUT... You do need to know that there can be odd reasons why we might not be able to. For example we might not be able to use the Photoshop file for some reason or we might find a copyrighted image in the cover design.

9.  Submit your created cover on or before June 6.

10. Also, my author name is Kimber Lee, so that definitely needs to be right in the cover. (Not KanyeInterruptedMe.)

Thank you, sweethearts! Stay tuned for more updates regarding my publishing process. I'll keep you updated here in my next post. Feel free to comment with any questions you might have and I'll get back to you.

As always, I love you guys!