Chapter 61

Chapter 61

The police station is abuzz with media outside its doors and phones ringing constantly inside.  Ivana sits quietly in a seating area alone while Mason stands not too far away talking to one of the detectives.  Margo is pacing around in front of her seat seeming anxious to get this over with. 

Monique is sitting down her eyes focused on a cracked open office door.  She can see Jackson inside with the FBI agent named Jamison.  Both men are talking to someone else she can't see.  It's obvious to her that Jackson isn't happy with what he's being told.  In the short time they have known each other she has never seen him this angry before.

Chace brings Rylie a bottled water as she sits next to her sister and waits.  Jayson and Richard are on their phones again getting updated information from associates and clients still calling them after hearing of the Senator's downfall and fugitive status.

Chace keeps checking his phone, the only people he wants to hear from right now are Leland or Sander telling him that Aiden's been found or dead.  Emilio approaches him pulling him off to a private area and looking around before he speaks.  "We need to gather the girls before their taken in to talk, I just found out something I'm not supposed to know."  Emilio talks low and soft, Chace can barely hear him above all the noise in the station.

"Should you tell me in here?"  Chace has his head bent down listening to Emilio.

"I don't think so, let's go outside."  He points to the entrance doors.  Chace takes a look at Rylie she's in a conversation with her sister.  She looks up at him.  He motions that he will be back, she nods her head.

He and Emilio step outside away from the door when Chace's phone rings.  Sander is calling to inform him that they were able to talk with the customer representative that assisted the Senator at the airport ticket counter.  She told them the Senator didn't have his passport on him when he tried to buy a ticket.  The police are aware of it, they're searching his home and campaign headquarters.  It appears Aiden also owned a condominium near his campaign location.  No one's seen him there in a few weeks but another man stayed there a couple of weeks ago.  The description given fits Gavin.  After his call Chace fills Emilio in on what he's learned.  Emilio isn't surprised by any of what he says.

"Chace that's why I needed to speak with you.  Has Rylie told you any part of what happened up there on that veranda?"  Emilio asks him.

"Yeah, she said that she and the rest of the girls didn't come to the decision to stick together until after they fault with each other.  She told me they turned their anger on Gavin when he tried to make them get physical, he wanted them to actually fight.  She doesn't know if she's the one that push him over that rail."  He responds.

"Yeah, that's all I got out of her to.   I don't think they should voluntarily talk yet.  A guest at the fundraiser came forward and said they overheard Gavin arguing with Aiden about his wife.  The police are speculating that Gavin knew about Sharna's affair maybe he threatened to go public with it causing her to have motive to kill him." 

"What....who is she having an affair with, they don't think it's me?"  He says holding his hands to his chest and looking shocked.