Prelude

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no. I was going to be late. Of all days to have detention it had to be today. Just because I was reading in the middle of Trig, I had to stay after school in detention. Why.

After spending two hours stuck in the library with those kinds of people that get into trouble for fun and fail school purposely and get into fights for no reason, I wanted to rip my hair out. They ripped papers out of books and crumpled them. They smoked and talked smack about people and destroyed the precious books. I could feel my face burn with anger even now, as I kept running towards the studio. One of them had claimed he saw color, but I'm not sure. People like him like to lie and joke about serious topics. I know all about color. I've read about it in plenty of books. There's a color called orange that's warm and comforting and one called blue that's deep and fresh. There's apparently thousands more existing in various shades. My father used to tell me stories of how bright and beautiful he saw the world after he met my mother. He was always so descriptive and told stories that could only be dreams. Except they weren't. Sadly, my mother died when I was young. My father doesn't live in hues anymore.

Next to getting into the Fairy Tail dance academy, my dream is to find color. My father says he doesn't remember it very well, but that he knows you won't see it until you meet your true love. Maybe when I get into Fairy Tail, I'll meet an amazing dancer and we'll fall in love, get married, and have a daughter who will grow up to be a dancer like me and we will live happily ever after in color for the rest of our lives, dreaming of the day our daughter sees color for herself. I sighed happily to myself as I kept running to Fairy Tail. Man, I was so late.

My mind couldn't stop forming scenarios around either my marriage to a hot, colorful dancer or about how pissed Aquarius was going to be and the horrible things she would possibly do to me when I finally got there. My thoughts and emotions kept jumping back and forth, keeping me preoccupied as I inattentively ran. In fact, I was so inattentive that I didn't even notice the boy running towards me with twice the speed. Or maybe twice the weight. Either way, when we collided, I earned a bruising feeling in my forehead and a heavy weight on top of me.

"Ngh..." I brought my hand up to the sore spot on my head and rubbed it. Ouch. Bad move. That will definitely leave a mark.

I felt the weight on top of me move. A boy sat up and rubbed his head with a groan. My vision was a little blurry but I could make out his features. He had crazy, wavy hair that stuck up in every direction and large, dark eyes that stared down at me. He was wearing a tank top and baggy pants with sandals. Interesting choice. Not only that, but he was insane enough to wear a lined SCARF in the middle of May in Magnolia.

"Hey are you alright?"

His most distinct feature, however, was the red Fairy Tail tattoo on his right shoulder. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets.

'The boy on top of me right now is a member of Fairy Tail Academy,' I thought excitedly. I couldn't believe how my luck had turned.

He had a red Fairy Tail tattoo. A Fairy Tail tattoo. A red tattoo. Red.

Red.