How to make: SEA SALT ICE CREAM!!! :3
2 cups milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream
sea salt (be careful with this)
blue food coloring (looks better with it) (optional)
green food coloring (looks better with it) (optional)
Prep Time: 45 minsTotal Time: 3 3/4 hrs
1. Separate the eggs into two good sized bowls.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
3. Mix the egg yolks and sugar until thick.
4.Slowly bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5.Pour the hot milk into yolk/sugar mixture and mix well.
6. Pour milk/yolk/sugar mixture back into pot and heat on medium until thicker to make a custard (DON'T LET IT BOIL! also, if you can't get it to a custard thickness,just get it as thick as you can).
7. Pour custard in with beaten egg whites and mix well.
8. Add sea salt (keep adding salt until it tastes salty sweet, but be careful not to add to much).
9. Put mixture in fridge to cool.
10. Once cool, add cream and vanilla .
11. (Optional) Add 12 drops of blue coloring, and 3 drops of green coloring.
12. Freeze, following your ice cream maker's instructions.
13. If you don't have an ice cream maker pour mixture into 1 or 2 metal cake pans and set in freezer. Let sit until edges become firm, then remove and mix. Repeat until uniformly frozen.
Found at this website but posted on wattpad by me!