Chapter 6

We pulled up outside of the hotel and Louis handed Kate and I sunglasses. I stared at them with a quizzical expression.

"What are these for?" I asked, slipping them onto my face. It was night time, I highly doubt we need them.

"In case any photographers are outside, we don't want your identity out in the public. It's for your own safety." Louis winked at me, and we climbed off the bus.

Just like he had predicted, there was a few men with cameras snapping pictures. Kate and I seemed to be the center of attention when they saw us get off the bus.

"Who are these girls?" One cameramen asked.

"Which two of you are dating them?" Another called out, snapping away.

Niall rolled his eyes and we walked into the hotel. 

"I swear," Niall said bitterly. "We can't be friends with people of the opposite sex without us supposedly dating them." He groaned, rubbing his temples. "It's been a long day. I need rest."

Seeing Niall like that made me feel pretty guilty. I made fun of these guys, saying that life was so easy for them, but clearly they have struggles of their own. They might not seem that big to some people, but struggles are struggles and it must be hard on them.

"So, what's the sleeping arrangement?" Kate chirped, gazing around the five-star hotel.

"Well, Harry and Louis are sharing room C1, and Niall I are in C2, and Zayn as C3 to himself. Zayn, do you want to come into our room for the night?" Liam asked, figuring this all out in his head, like a complicated math problem.

Zayn's eyes widened. "Uh...well, you see Liam...I uh, don't really wanna, you know...leave my stuff." Zayn stuttered. "All hair  products...clothes and stuff."

Liam rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever." He said bitterly.

"Why don't you guys move into Louis and Harry's room?" Zayn offered. I like how he shoves other people under the bus, but won't cross the street himself.

"Four people to a room? Three's hard enough!" Niall interjected.

"Well, where are we going to put the girls?" Zayn demanded.

"Why can't they get your room? Do you have to be so selfish?" Niall argued back.

"Guys!" Harry said, stepping in between the arguing band mates. Harry looked up at Kate and I. "I see we're in a sticky situation. Would one of you guys like to room with Louis and I, and the other can room with Liam and Niall. I know it's weird rooming with guys, and I'm sorry about that. It seems like it's our only option, though." Harry cast Zayn a dark look quickly, and looked back at Kate and I with soft eyes.

"Sure, it's totally fine. If Zayn wants his privacy, I'll give him it." Kate said.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds. First of all, I don't even really want to be talking to them that much, and now I'm rooming with two of these guys? I don't even know who they are! What if they're like, gross minded guys? What if they get ideas?

"Thanks for being so understanding." Louis said, interrupting my thoughts. I guess it's been decided.

We followed the lads up to an elevator, and we waited inside.

"Kate, do you want to stay in our room?" Niall offered, his voice soft.

Kate smiled, and I could tell she was dying on the inside. "Sure," She chirped.

Louis smirked at me. "Looks like it's you and me, hunny bunch."

My eyes widened. "That's from a movie!" I said, turning to face Louis,

Louis looked shocked. "Yeah, how did you know?"

"That's my favorite movie!" I replied.

Louis smiled. "Seriously? I love that movie! We'll have to watch it tonight."

I nodded my head, smiling. Okay, so maybe these idiots are that bad.

I followed Louis and Harry into a hotel room. It was really nice. There was a queen sized bed against one wall, a huge window on the other wall, and a T.V. across the bed, and a door that led into a bathroom.

"Wait, you guys sleep in a queen size bed together?" I asked, staring at them. What the heck? Don't they think that's weird?

"Have you slept in the same bed as your best friend?" Louis asked.

"Well, yeah. Cause she's basically my sister." I said in a 'duh' voice.

"There's your answer." Louis shrugged, and he hopped on the bed.

"So, how's this going to work?" I asked.

"One of us will have to sleep on the floor." Harry said. I sorta forgot he was there. But he was right. Oh no way! I was not seeping on the ground!

"You know I  need my beauty sleep, Haz. There is no way that I'm sleeping on that ground." Louis said in a sassy tone.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Can you toss me a pillow and a blanket?" Harry asked. I could tell he was not happy about this by the look on his face. It made me feel bad, but no bad enough to offer to sleep on the floor myself. Yeah it's carpeted and soft on your feet, but it would hurt my back.

"So looks like I'm on the bed." I mumbled, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I kicked my shoes off and layed back on the bed. It was like heaven under me. This thing was so soft! Now I see why Louis didn't want to give this thing up!

"I'll go pop the movie in and we can relax and hit the sack. Sound like a plan?" Louis asked, smiling at me.

I smiled back. He's being really nice. "Sure," I agreed. I crawled underneath the covers and watched as Louis set the movie.

"What is this movie called?" Harry asked from the ground.

"Clue," Louis and I replied back at the same time. We made eye contact and smiled.

Louis rested his elbow on my shoulder and grinned at me. "So how have you been, Riley?"

I got this weird feeling in my stomach. Not the butterflies. Like, my insides were squirming. I was feeling a little bummed out. As nice as all of this was, it wasn't real. Louis never talked to me at all, and then we come to a concert and he suddenly is our best friend. It's all just really weird.

I rested my head on Louis's arm and closed my eyes. As much as I love Clue, I was feeling pretty tired. I started drifting off to sleep, and the last thing I remembered was Louis's arm slipping around m shoulders.