Chapter 21: Happy Birthday Louis

Sophia's POV

His breath trickled down my skin, disintegrating into my sweat. His eyes, a bewildering black, widened the closer his face got to mine. Tears streamed down my face as panic took control of my body. My head turned quickly, trying to find an escape from this unknown place. His cold hands trembled up my arm, squeezing it roughly. My breathing sped as the stinging pain accelerated like billions of tiny needles stabbing me at once. Opening my mouth, not a single scream escaped my chapped lips. His smile widened knowning there was no escape for me. His Blondie hair was tangled, making him portray a mad-man. Looking to my right again, Sam's small, fragile body appeared. His eyes drew a darkness that I couldn't explain. His grey eyes turned into dark clouds. Before I could try another scream, fire surrounded him, shielding him from my sight. Squirming, I tried to break from from Nick's clutch, but I was too weak. He held his hand up, a silver razor glistening in the little light that showed. My eyes widened as I felt a sharp pain dagger into my sad.

"Stop!" I screamed. I sat up in a cold sweat. Looking to my right, I saw Sam still sleeping soundly. Rubbing my head, I eased my breathing. Through a little crack, sun shined through the window.

"Are you okay?" Kassy asked opening the door in a rush. She stood there in a panic, her hair standing in odd angles. I nodded, still trying to ease myself from the nightmare. For the past few nights, I've had the same dream and unusually wake up in the same spot too. As soon as the funeral is over, you'll be back to normal. 

"Uh-huh," Kassy sighed unconvinced. As she left the room, I quietly tip-toed out of bed and met her in the kitchen. The smell of newly brewed coffee filled the air. I plopped onto a stool and waited for Kassy to hand me my mug. I sipped the hot liquid, warming my throat.

"It was that stupid dream again," I sighed stirring my coffee. Sighing, Kassy took the stool next to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Just a few more days Soph. That's it. Once it's over we can all go back to normal." Normal? What is normal... When she said normal all I could think about was the boys. What if they have to leave us because of publicity. What if Louis starts to hate me again and leaves me without an explanation? Panic began to burst through my body. I don't think I could live with myself if I lost the boys again.

"What if normal means the boys have to leave us Kassy? Paul would never let them stay with us after what happened..." I whimpered. Kassy's face hardened for a moment as she let that thought sink in. After a moment of silence her face softened, her lips forming a thin line.

"We'll take one step at a time Soph. Let's just forget that today and go shopping!" She clapped happily. I gave her a questioning look until she slid a pretty, light blue envelope toward me. Opening it, I saw that it was an invitation to Louis' surprise birthday party tonight. Tonight... tonight was Christmas eve though. I couldn't leave Sam alone with a babysitter on Christmas eve.

"Kas, I can't. Tomorrow's Christmas and I can't leave Sam yet. Not now after what just happened," I stated closing the envelope. Kassy growled scrunching up her nose.

"I Know.. I just don't want you to be alone tonight, that's all," she smiled softly.

"Thanks, but I have Sam and that's all I need," I smiled hugging her.

"Alright well I'll go get ready on my own," Kassy smiled. Hopping off her stool, she skipped to her room. I finished off my mug and turned to the Christmas tree. Green and red lights wrapped diagonally around the tree with small colorful ornaments scattered around the front. I still need to get gifts! I looked around the counter for my list. Grabbing it I walked to Kassy's room catcher her in her undergarments.