Chapter 6

I turned around and saw Joey staring at me, eyes wide. "You like me?" He asked. I tried to make my brain think of words I could form into sentences, but I was drawing a blank. I looked around. The girls who knew were looking at me, and I could tell they were all internally screaming for me to tell him. I looked back at Joey, and in the next split second, I was running out the door and back to Joey's car to get my messenger bag.

Just my luck, the car door was locked. If I just left my bag, then I'd have to go without my books and my script, but I really didn't have any other option. So I ran.

I didn't know exactly where I was running, but I knew my feet would take me somewhere. I ended up on the corner of a street with a strange name. I took out my phone and dialed Darren's number, putting the phone to my ear. "Hello?" Darren asked. "Darren, it's June. I'm lost, and I'm cold, and I..." I managed. "Don't worry, I'll come and get you." He said. "Do you know the name of the street your on?" He asked. "Smithson." I said. Darren laughed. "You're on the street where Walker lives. I'll be there in a few minutes." He said. "Hurry, there's a shady looking guy on the other side of the street. I think he's--" I said, pulling the phone away from my ear as I spoke, and ending the call on the last word. I knew he knew I was joking, which made it even funnier.

Darren showed up not much later, rolling his window down. "Need a ride, sweet thang?" Darren asked. Walker was sitting in the passenger seat, clearly trying not to laugh. "Depends on where you're taking me, big boy." I said, holding in a laugh. Joe cackled, and then Darren and I did too. "Come on, we're going to Walkers for a while." Darren said. I got in the back seat and listened to Joe and Darren talk while we drove.

Everything was fine... Until I noticed Joey's car sitting in Joe's driveway. " You planned this!" I shouted. "What? Psht, no, it's just a coincidence." Joe said sarcastically. "I can't believe you two!" I shouted.

Before I knew it, Joe had me slung over his shoulder, hauling me into the house and leaving me in what I assumed was the spare bedroom. I knew there was no use in fighting anymore, so I didn't argue when he told me to wait there. I heard the door lock as he left, and then I made my way over to look out the window. I heard the door open again, and someone was pushed inside the room with me, and the door was shut and locked again.

It's all fun and games until they lock you in a room with Joseph Richter.