56. Brandon and Sebastian by ninyatippett

The Mischevious Mrs. Maxfield, Brandon's Notebook and Virtue and Vice by ninyatippett

1. Can you tell us more about you?

• Not a hell of a lot to tell, really. I've always loved stories from a young age, getting started on writing my own when I didn't like how certain books ended and I wanted to write an alternate ending. I spent years writing on spiral notebooks (not having had a computer then) and passing them around. In high school, I used to write myself and my friends into a story with our favorite anime heroes—from Ghostfighter to Flame of Recca to Samurai X. We'd all pass it around.

2. From where did you get the idea of Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield?

• Actually, the title popped up in my head one day when I was trying to start a new story in Wattpad. I was very new to the community then. All I had was the title and then I started writing the blurb and it seemed funny to me so I went and started the first chapter. After Charlotte and Brandon's initial encounter, everything else pretty much just flowed. Before I knew it, I could hear Charlotte talking and getting sassy in my head all the time.

3. What do you think makes your books different from the others?

• While this may be a question better answered by my readers, I'd like to think that while I mainly write romance, there are a lot of things to learn from in my stories. It started, and still is, very much unintentional but I feel like when I write about people, it just can't be about finding someone to date and eventually marry—it's about growing up and getting better because that's how you make relationships work. You don't stay exactly the way you are and have a relationship that molds itself around you perfectly so that it fits. That's being delusional.

4. Among all your female characters whom you do relate to the most?

• Charlotte because a lot of her attitude in life reflects many of my own. Life is too short to waste it on drama. I had to find a place in my own self where I'm happy and since then, I hardly cared for what people said about me. You have to live with yourself everyday—ultimately, it's yourself that you have to best get along with so learn to like what you have and change what you can't live with.

5. What is your favourite quality about Sebastian Vice?

• The fact that he just doesn't know any other way but to love the way he does. It's not always his most attractive trait but it's something that I think a lot of us may not be aware of about ourselves. Sure, we may not go as overboard as Sebastian often does in the story but sometimes, we're stuck with the only way we know how to do things. We try, like he tried, and it's going to be messy and clumsy and frustrating at first but the beauty in it is that you have your heart set on learning, no matter how hard the path, because you want to do it right and love as best as you're able to.

 6. Best chapter of The Risk of Falling, according to you?

• Chapter Twenty: Cards Down, Walls Up—I like that Maxine took the initiative and asked out loud for what she wanted. I think this was her first real brave moment, having been the one who's always very guarded about her heart. Sometimes, the only way to handle a situation is to confront it. It's not always going to work out but having had that chance to have it out will be better for your own sanity than the endless torture of 'what-ifs'. It's not for the frail-hearted but then, despite her fears, Max wasn't frail-hearted at all.

7. If Brandon Maxfield had to give tips on wooing women, what would he say?

• Be good to her because you love her. You can exhaust an entire book of winning women over but if you don't feel it in your heart that she deserves all the best you can give her, that best will never come. It really starts with a choice to love someone—everything else is a natural eventuality. You'll remember things about her, you'll want to make her smile and laugh, you'll want her happiness, you'll want to protect her and give her your best.

8. So this is a rapid fire round, you have to answer five questions, quickly. Do not think!

A. Brandon v/s Sebastian. Pick one: Brandon because in a lot of ways, he's like my husband.

B. First thing that comes to your mind when someone says Charlotte Maxfield? Slay!

C. What impact has Wattpad made on your life? It first gave me an audience then it gave me friends.

D. What do you love the most about writing Romance? Finding another way to happily-ever-after. Writing love another way.

E. Which story did you have fun writing the most? The Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield. There were times when I thought what I was writing was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing and my husband had to come check on me.

9. Who are your favourite Romance authors?

-Oh, that's a long list. Top of my head: Kresley Cole, Lisa Kleypas, Julia Quinn, Suzanne Enoch. Lots, I tell you.

10. If you were given a chance to pair up any two people together in this world, who would it be and why?

-Prince Harry and Emma Watson. Is that bad? I love me a good fairytale with a prince charming and a badass heroine.

A/N: I know this interview was long awaited ;) Thank you for this wonderful interview Ninya :)