Chapter 40

Harry's POV

Bo had been a little odd the last couple of days. It appeared as if her mind was on other things. I prayed it wasn't because she regretted having sex with me. My gestures towards her had been a slightly reserved, cautious, not wanting to hurt her any further than I already had. I still was a little uneasy with the thought of what happened in her bedroom, angry with myself for losing control. Bo should never have been subjected to that side of me.

When I entered the living room Bo's back was turned to me, fumbling around in her bag. Her top-half adorned a dark plaid shirt of mine that she had grown rather attached to. The cuffs had to be rolled up, the sleeves far too long for her arms. Bo's jeans clung perfectly to the curves of her figure, something I always loved about her. I smiled, walking up behind her. Her body jolted in my arms as I wrapped her in my embrace. I lightly squeezed her, resting my chin on Bo's shoulder. Our position allowed me to inhale her sweet smell.

"It's only me." I lightly laughed.

One of my hands travelled up to her chest, pressing my palm above her breasts. Her heart was racing, thumping against my touch.

"Are you alright?" I asked a little concerned.

"I-I'm fine, you just scared me." She stuttered.

My lips pressed delicate kisses to her neck in an effort to calm her down. But I grew a little disappointed as she wriggled away. She stood back from me, thrusting her laptop in between us as I attempted to move towards her. Bo absorbed my frown, my confused features prompting her to talk.

"I'm having trouble with my iTunes, I was wondering if you could have a look?"

She peered warily up at me, her question ending with the bite of her lower lip. Bo shyly smiled as I took the device from her grasp. Our fingers brushed momentarily.

"Sure." I replied.

Her hand was placed on my shoulder as she leant up, planting a small kiss to my cheek. The warmth of her lips lingered on my skin.

"Thanks. I'm going to the bathroom."

I sat down on the sofa as Bo hastily departed from the room. I shook off my worry, curls falling round my face before I swept them back. Her laptop rested on my thighs as I opened the lid, pressing the power button.

Bo's POV

I shut the door as quietly as I could. Not wanting to alert my boyfriend to my presence in his bedroom. It clicked closed as I spun around, scanning the space surrounding me. I immediately started searching, pulling open his drawers and rummaging through the clothes. It had to be here somewhere.

I abandoned the storage that held his t shirts, frantically spinning to be faced with the wardrobe. The doors were yanked open before I got to my knees, searching at the bottom. When I had no luck, my vision shifted to above my head. I got to my feet, stretching up on my toes, straining to reach the top of the wardrobe. A huff emitted from my mouth as I was unsuccessful, my fingertips nowhere near my intended target. I worked quickly to drag a chair over, teetering upon it and reaching up for a second time. With my new found height my hand blindly felt over the wood, cursing at my empty discovery.

I stumbled down from the elevated position and over to his small bedside table. My cheeks flushed at my findings, scanning over the variety of condoms Harry kept. All different colours, lubricants, textures. I shook my head, dropping a purple one back into the draw before fumbling round to reach the back. I ceased my movement momentarily, straining to hear bare feet pad down the hall. Curse words slipped from my mouth as I quickly shut the drawer before rushing over to the wardrobe. I didn't have time to drag the chair back to its previous position.