Chapter 3- Mixed Emotions

When I finally reached my dorm I pushed open the door to find Harry, my roommate and childhood friend, shirtless laying on the couch with his laptop open typing away.

"Hey mate!" He greeted me.

"Hey Hazza. How was your day?"

"Great!" he exclaimed tossing a stack of small pieces of paper on the coffee table. Peoples phone numbers. That made me think about the napkin the boy at the coffee shop gave to me. "What about you?" he asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It was fine."

"Fine? Then why do you have the biggest grin I've ever seen on your face?"

"No reason..."

"Tell me. I wanna know." He said with a pleading face. I shook my head and sat on my bed. He looked to the floor and then set his laptop to the side and tackled me. He tickled me and then I pushed him off.

"Fine," I said breathing heavy from laughing so much. "I met a really nice guy."

"Oh really?" he asked pushing for more.

I nodded and said "actually two."

"Oh..." he said still pressing for more answers.

"One is a teacher though. I really like him but I don't think he likes me back."

"Is it Mr. Tomlinson?"

"How did You know?"

"He's the only attractive teacher here. Even I sort of like him and you know how much I don't like the idea that I might be bi."

"Ya."

"so who is this other boy?"

"I don't know his name." I said shrugging my shoulders.

Harry reached into my pocket and pulled out the napkin. "His name is Niall... the hot Irish leprechaun that serves even hotter coffee." we both share a look and burst out laughing. We stopped when there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. The smile that was previously on my face faded when I opened the door. The hot Irish leprechaun that serves even hotter coffee (aka Niall) was standing at my door.

"I was coming over here to complain about all the noise but I changed my mind. You can  carry on." He said with a huge smile on his face.

"Oh, sorry we'll try to keep it down." I said extremely seriously.

"Nah. It's fine."

I felt Harry put a hand on my shoulder and he exended his hand to Niall. "Hi, I'm Harry and you are?"

"I'm Niall. I live next door."

"Oh, you're Niall. It's very nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too?" Niall said that as more of a question.

Niall and I just stood there blushing a very vibrant color of red. He was probably blushing because Harry was still shirtless and I was blushing because Harry knows how to make a moment awkward.

"Why don't you two go off and become friends. Come back when you're mates for life." Harry said pushing me forward making my chest bang into Niall's and he shut the door and locked it.

"Well it looks like you can't get back into your dorm for a while." Niall said laughing. When I just stood there breathing in and out letting my chest touch Niall's he finally said "well, do you want to come into my dorm?" I simply nodded and he brought me over.

We sat on the couch and I fiddled with my fingers. He watched me intently. He broke the silence saying "I wonder why it was so easy to talk to him at the coffee shop and now I just feel like I lost my voice. He'll hate me forever."

"excuse me?" I say.

"Oh, did I say that out loud." he said shrinking down into the couch.

"yes you did but I won't hate you. I.. I.." before I knew what I was doing I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. When I pulled away I stared at him for any response. He didn't budge so pressed my lips to his again.

This time he pushed me away and said "Get the **** out of here. What the **** was that?" He exclaimed and I got up and ran out of his dorm.

I made a huge mistake and I regret it now. I heard his door close and I banged on my dorm room door. Harry said "No entrance until you kiss him."

I kept on breathing heavily trying to keep my tears in and I whimpered "I did." Harry flung the door open and looked at me. I felt my tears fall down my cheeks and then Harry pulled me into the dorm.

"Why are you crying then?" He asked.

"I.. I... He didn't like it. He doesn't feel the same way that I do." I muffled into his shoulder.

"Then why did he flirt with you?" Harry asked as he rubbed small circles into my back.

"Maybe I read him wrong. I seriously thought that he was gay." I continued to cry into Harry's shoulder and he continued to comfort me.