Chapter 30

Harry had taken a seat beside me on the table I usually sat on while he helped people train. I would often bring a book to read as I waited for him to finish work. Tom had joined us a few minutes prior and I had continued to indulge in my novel while they talked boxing. But my wandering mind was hauled back to reality as something in their conversation sparked my interest. A fight. My book was placed beside me. Harry had noticed my sudden diverted attention, my eyes looking questioningly at him. Their conversation paused as he took my hand.

"I've got a fight." He told me.

His touch withdrew and he turned to go back to talking to Tom.

"Wait, what?" I shook my head. "You said you didn't fight."

"I know, but something has been sorted out for Friday night."

They continued to converse with me sat to the side of them. I looked down at my hands, fiddling with my fingers, remembering Harry had told me he punched above his weight. It would be a danger for his competitor. I frowned, gripping Harry's shoulder. He looked a little surprised at my interruption.

"Is he in your weight class?" I abruptly asked.

He hesitated, staring at me. It appeared he was having an internal battle, not sure if it was best to divulge that certain detail.

"Harry." My tone demanding.

My fingertips dug into his skin. But I grew more frustrated as a smirk spread on his beautiful face.

"You're cute when you're angry."

I flinched away when his hand came up to brush against my cheek. Harry was trying to distract me and his plan succeeded for a couple of seconds before I realised what he was up to.

"Stop it and answer the question." I bit back.

Eyebrows were raised at my less than pleased tone. He gave me a cheeky grin, dimples popping in his cheeks. He looked so young.

"No."

Harry's head tilted to the side, smiling as he waited to see my reaction.

"No?" I asked, creasing my forehead.

"He's in the next class up." Harry stated.

Tom had been intently watching our interaction. Clearly surprised with my tone towards Harry. My vision flicked to him to get his input on the situation.

"Bo, don't worry about it. Haz will take him out easy."

Tom lightly punched Harry on the shoulder as they laughed.

"D-Don't encourage him! T-The guy you'll be fighting, he'll be bigger than you. This is dangerous, Harry."

I grew increasingly anxious. I didn't want to see Harry hurt. My mind then flickered to where it was going to be held. The gym where the two boys worked would never allow him to fight, let alone against someone in a different weight class. That's when I realised he hadn't told them.

"This fight isn't legal, is it?" My voice was quiet.

Harry's tongue swiped over his full lips. Green eyes intensely peering into mine.

"Technically, no."

"Oh my god. Harry you can't do this." I spoke desperately grabbing his hand.

"Tom, will you give us a minute?" Harry asked.

"Sure." He smiled, standing and walking away.

Harry's attention then diverted to me. He took my hand, guiding me to him before walking us toward the front of the gym where the changing rooms were. Harry's frame stood squarely in front of me, height towering above. I sighed as long fingers brushed stands of hair from my face.