Chapter 22

Harry's POV

My hands darted up to push Kim away by her shoulders. She seemed a little surprised by my forceful actions. Anger washed through my body as a seductive smirk spread across her features. Her tongue slipped from her mouth, gliding over her lips. She hummed in satisfaction. I tightly gripped her left wrist before she could touch over my chest again.

That's when I saw her. Bo. She was stood a short distance away. Tears threatened to brim over her watery eyes as she stood staring at us. A look of despair over her face as her lips parted. Her fingers urgently brushed away the moisture rolling down her cheeks as she refused to meet my gaze. Bo's head turned to the right. I knew exactly what she was going to do. Run.

I watched as she hastily weaved through the people in the room. She quickly disappeared, her small height enabling her to hide amongst the groups. I was about to chase after her when long nails dug into my bicep. Kim looked up at me expectantly, my irritation growing stronger. I wiped her lip gloss from my mouth with the back of my hand in disgust.

Her eyes widened in fear as I shoved her back into the wall.

"Don't come near Bo or I again. You hear me?" I spat.

I knew she was scared. But at that moment in time I couldn't care less. Kim had seen me at my most hostile; I had a feeling my violent behaviour was a turn on for her. But neither she nor any other girl had ever been my target. I refused to take my anger out on a woman. I would never be like my dad. Trembling breath forced from her mouth as she shook in my hold. I released her wrists. My body turning away from her and heading for the exit.

I hastily yanked the door open, my eyes scanning the darkened street for any sign of the fleeing girl. Seconds later I spotted her. Long, dark hair flowing down her back as her feet carried her at a quick walking pace along the path. She passed people giving her sympathetic looks.

"Bo!"

She didn't stop. Her speed increasing at the sound of my voice as she tried to escape. I needed to talk to her. My legs pumped as I jogged after her. I didn't care if we were causing a scene. The only person I was worried about was Bo.

"Bo, wait."

"Leave me alone, Harry!" She shouted back.

It confused me when she slowed a little, before her hands tugged off her shoes as she hopped forward. She stumbled slightly before regaining her balance. Bo's pace increased considerably as she sprinted down the pavement barefoot; her shoes tightly clutched in her right hand. I cursed, continuing to chase after her. The wild thumping of my heart beat against my chest as she disregarded the cars, running straight across the road. Beeping horns echoed through the night air, but Bo took no notice. It hurt that she was so desperate to escape me.

"Bo, stop!"

I continued to follow her. It surprised me at the quick pace she maintained. Even with our noticeable height difference and my longer legs, she still managed to keep me running trying to catch up with her. Bo led us through gates to a park. The surroundings were dimly lit along a path by a large pond. It put me on edge slightly, the eerie nature of the environment. The darkness between the trees not a comforting sight. There was no way I was going to let her run off on her own, not here. I noticed her smaller body start to tire slightly; quickly I took the opportunity to reach out to her.

Bo's POV

The burst of adrenaline I felt was beginning to fade. My mind became increasingly aware of the tiring muscles in my legs. I started to panic a little when I realised how close Harry was. His heavy breathing could now be heard, the sound combining with the sharp gasps of air emitting from my mouth.