Chapter 5

Clayton's POV

     I had never been excited for a date until now. In this moment I honestly couldn't even remember any date before this. Angel was absolutely the one for me, it was so obvious in every way when we were together. It hurt me to think that she had been through so many painful things before that led her to not trust even her mate. But everything was going to change for her soon, I was going to make sure that everything started to look up for her. As the alpha, I had unlimited power to change her life if she would only let me. Our connection was so strong and she was going to make such a perfect luna after I got her to open up to me. No one was going to harm her, no one was going to hurt her, I was her protector now.

     Deciding where to take her was not difficult, I knew the perfect place. Through the woods, back a little ways, was a cliff right by the river. It would be the perfect place to watch the sunset and have a picnic. My mate would love it, I know because I can tell that she has never met a guy that treated her like I intended to. She would like to spend some time alone with someone who truly loves her, not because of her beautiful appearance, but her beautiful heart and her mind. I would do whatever it took to give Angel the love and the life that she deserved. I wanted to learn everything about her so that I could break down her ideas of love and rebuild them to show her what it could really be like.

     I had plenty examples of what a strong  and committed relationships looked like from the mates within my pack. I saw their closeness and their passion for each other and even though I thought I wasn't ready for a luna, I always truly wanted her deep in my heart and mind. I had many dreams about Angel in my life without knowing that it was her. I had dreamed of our relationship, the way she would make me feel, and the way that I would spend forever making her see why and how I loved her. So many people within our pack had a connection that they would die for with their mates. At first I couldn't fully understand it but it all makes sense now. I would do anything to protect my mate now.

Angel's POV

     It was five minutes before the end of class and I couldn't wait to see my mate again. I had been wondering where Clayton was going to take me all day. I really just wanted to spend some time with him and see what his expectations were moving forward. I noticed myself feeling complete in his presence in a way that I couldn't understand. And when we were apart it made me crazy with memories of our previous encounters and fantasies of our future together. The only thing I could think about was the way that his skin felt when it was touching mine. The last five minutes felt like five hours as I replayed every moment I had spent with him. I couldn't believe that I actually met him, my mate, and now I was about to go on a date with him. I had a feeling that this date was going to be different from any other date I had ever been on. I know that the mate connection was unavoidable, but it honestly felt like more than that after his comments convincing me to agree to his date. It felt like he knew me more than he did. The thought of him speaking to my heart like that had my stomach in knots thinking about the conversation and the passion I would be walking into this afternoon.

     After what felt like ages, the professor finally released us. I jumped out of my seat, quickly slung my book bag over my shoulder, and walked briskly to my car. I put all of books and my book bag into my car, grabbed my purse, applied some lip gloss, brushed my hair, and headed out by the door of our school to meet my mate.

     Immediately, I saw him. He was leaning up against the hood of a sharp black Cadillac. It was the fanciest car I had ever seen, obviously a newer model. However, the car had nothing on my flawless mate leaning up against it. He was wearing dark jeans and a slim maroon shirt. His dark brown hair was messy and covered his forehead, but allowed me to see his blue eyes perfectly. I had never been so attracted to anyone in my life. I walked toward him confidently knowing that no girl could walk by without their eyes landing on him, but only I would be looking at him for the next several hours.

I noticed an urge to embrace him that I had never experienced before. I couldn't help myself, I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly. My friends watched me as they walked to their cars, and their expressions communicated their surprise by my public display of affection. I saw Kaylee walking by us and she smiled at me brightly. I hadn't told her yet, but I assumed she ran into Clayton considering he had been in our meeting place this morning. She gave me a thumbs up and I smiled back at her before kissing Clayton on the lips and getting into his car with him. The rest of the day would be one of my most magical moments and it was all because I was letting myself go against every rule I had laid out for myself over this portion of my life. Maybe it was what I wanted after all. The only difficult thing to grasp was him being an alpha. I hadn't even been around an alpha in years and the whole idea of a strong pack with a formal and central government was very out of my comfort zone. In fact, it hadn't even hit me how much it bothered me that he was an alpha after the way I had been hurt an alpha that was in my life previously. But if I was going to do it, it should be with Clayton, my mate, the one that I was predestined for and created to live my life with. He was designed for me and I was designed for him, that should mean something to me. It did, it meant something... So I decided then that I would be breaking down my walls, at least to some extent, to give Clayton a chance. 

     If anyone was ever going to be let into my heart, it should be him.