Chapter 14

To my satisfaction, the door clicked and it cracked open. I peered inside, just enough for me to see what was happening, but not for the people inside to see me.

It was really dim inside, but I could clearly see a girl in the nearest corner by me. I couldn’t see her face, but by her voice you could tell.

“Aaron… please, stop,” The girl whispered quietly. Is that… who I think it is?

There was a male figure approaching her, and as soon as I saw his face, anger pounded through my body viciously. Now I remember who this infamous Aaron is. He was the same guy who was with Naomi earlier, when she was released from her coma.

Aaron approached the girl and I saw her face for a second. Its Naomi… she wore a bed sheet around her, and was trembling helplessly.

Aaron reached for her, and Naomi wanting to get out of his reach, stumbled backwards but met the wall. Aaron smirked and he grabbed her and flung her across the room like she was some sort of toy.

Naomi cried out in pain as she hit the side of the bed. The side of it pierced her side and a tear slipped out. She started bawling loudly, and he went to her and kissed her roughly before pushing her onto the mattress. She yelled out again for him to stop, and he slapped her. Tears streaming down her face, I could tell she gave in. 

That’s it. I slammed the door open, allowing all the anger that was flowing through me to release on him.

“What the fuck?” Aaron spat at me. His eye widened at my appearance, but he then returned to his crazed stare. The look in his eyes showed that he was drunk, but that wasn’t an excuse to touch Naomi.

“Get. Away. From. Her,” I growled at him. He smirked wildly before stepping off of Naomi.

“J- Jason?!” Naomi sputtered as she gripped the bed sheet to her chest tightly.

I gave her glance and I felt my heart ache just watching her be so fragile. Her apricot skin looked almost honey like in the light of the moon shining from the window.  It was all my fault, I let her fall into his trap. I swear, next time, I’ll never let her go.

“Look, I don’t wanna cause any trouble, so why don’t you just run along, kid, and pretend none of this ever happened. Okay?” Aaron slurred in an annoyed tone. I rolled my eyes at him and he grew even more angry.

Naomi’s Point Of View

After Aaron and I arrived at the party, he immediately went for the alcohol they had there. He soon was completely drunk, and I soon found out that Charlotte – the girl I met at the grocery store – was his cousin. I guess Aaron told her he wanted to talk to me alone, away from the loud noise and she threw us into a room. From there… well I don’t really know what happened.

It was all so fast…

I sat there on the soft mattress, but it felt hard as stone at that moment. Jason randomly came through the door and so many thoughts came through my head. I didn’t have enough time to analyze what was happening.

I somehow convinced myself that this was all a dream, a horrid, horrid dream. I would wake up, and mom would be there for me, to cook me those blueberry pancakes I loved so much. And Tyler would be crying like any other baby. I would sit down with my parents and talk about normal stuff. Everything would be erased, that this was all a dream. I never would have met Aaron, Jason, and Charlotte, any of them.