00. The Cheating Game

THE CHEATING GAME

December 13th, 2011

"I'm eighteen for crying out loud!" I cry out, pushing Niall away from me. Lately, I have been getting frustrated with him being too overprotective. I get that he's my boyfriend and all, but it's like every little thing is a danger. He does too much. "I'm not a baby, Niall!"

"I know you're not, but I'm just trying to protect you, Hana!" He shouts back.

My blood is boiling by now, and I am fuming. "I can take care of myself."

"Fine! Since you can take care of yourself, then go and leave. Go take care of yourself, since you don't need me!" And like that, he slams his bedroom door in my face.

I let out a groan and stomp downstairs of his flat. After collecting my keys and phone from his kitchen bench, I leave his flat, slamming the door behind me. Without allowing any tears to escape my eyes, I leave the flat building and hop into my white Audi A4. I pull out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

Did he just break up with me? No, there's no way. He was just angry and upset. But he did say for me to take care of myself. Is that a sign that he wants to break up with me? Ugh, he's so confusing!

I pull up at my flat building and go inside. I greet the kind receptionist quietly before heading upstairs to my flat. Once I am inside, I look around, unsure of what to do. There is nothing really to do. I usually go everywhere with Niall, even when he would have to go into the studio to record for his band's first album.

I should go out. I deserve to go to a club and party it up without having to worry what Niall thinks. He is constantly on my case about being careful. Tonight, I am going to have the time of my life without him.

My feet pad across my beige carpet and into my comfortable room. It's nothing amazing - dark brown canopy bed in the middle of the back wall with matching nightstands, matching desk in the corner and a matching dresser on the opposite wall to the end of the bed. There is a walk-in wardrobe and pale yellow walls with a yellow chair for the desk. Above the desk is a collage of pictures of me and my family, friends and Niall.

I ignore everything and pick out a tight black mini dress that has three quarter sleeves. I exchange my jeans, singlet and Niall's jumper for the dress and switch my black flats for silver glitter stilettos.

Going into the bathroom, I take my light blonde hair out of its bun and let it fall. My hair is really wavy and only reaches to just past my shoulders. I apply a layer of foundation to my face and a coat of dark mascara to my light blue eyes.

Finally deciding I look good enough, I turn off all lights and leave the flat with my flat key and some cash in my bra. I don't even bother taking my phone because I don't want to be interrupted.

"Going out, Hana?" Kathy - the receptionist - asks me with a smile on her face. She is a mere twenty year old brunette with the nicest green eyes.

I nod. "Yeah, I don't really feel like staying home." I tell her with a little too much enthusiasm in my voice.

"Niall going with you?" She asks.

"Not tonight. I decided to go alone." I tell her honestly. I can trust Kathy. Even though we are three years apart, I have known her a long time and she has always been there for me.

"Well, have fun."

"Thanks, Kathy." I call. I leave the building and catch a cab to the local club. I am going to get drunk and won't be able to drive home, so I may as well catch a cab there.