Teddy

I slowly opened my eyes, I was on a warm sofa covered in a pink, fluffy blanket with butterflies on it. I whined, the room seemed empty and cold, where was stranger. Wait no, I shouldn't call him stranger, that's rude and mum always said 'mind your manners'. If I didn't I had to sleep outside without dinner, mum said it was for my own good. I wonder what I should call him, oh yeah he said his name was White. I really want to tell him my name, I wish I could shift back. Just once, it would make my life so much easier.

Just so I could speak, say hi, and walk around on two legs and be like a normal person. But that will never happen, I'm stuck forever. Never to change and move on, I can't even tell White my name. I don't want to be called puppy, my names Teddy. For the first time in all those years since I'd been abandoned, I cried.

For what seemed like forever I sniffled and snuffled. I pawed at my snout as the tears caught in my fur, and when I had finally got it out of my system I lay still. I decided to push the sad thoughts away and move on, maybe do some exploring. But I couldn't shake the feeling, that I felt just like a little kid that only wanted his mummy and daddy.

I leapt down from the sofa and shook off the blanket, time to have fun, no more sad thoughts I told myself. I padded through the girly rooms until I found the front door. Dam, it was locked, I searched the entire house until I found an open window. After pushing a chair underneath it with my nose I was finally free to explore. But I did make sure I could get back in by pushing a rather large garden gnome against the other side of the wall. I padded across the garden and turned around the corner of the house, and came face to face with Raven the psychopath.

As quick as a flash, raven brought out her gun, but I didn't wait around for that long. I bolted. I followed White's scent trail, maybe he could save me from the looney that was hot on my heels. I ran with all my might through unfamiliar forest following White. But by now Raven had shifted, a horrifying, demonic black wolf with hatful red eyes pranced behind me, enjoying the chase.

I entered some scrubland with quaint houses in the distance. With what was left of my strength I dashed through the town following the scent. I had made it, the flower shop, just typical of White. I weakly nudged the door open, and flopped into the waiting arms of White. I briefly listened to White yelling at Raven, and then White slapping her into her human form and kicking her out of the flower shop. Due to her 'wilting the flowers with her nasty presence'.

I couldn't stop hyperventilating and my small frame shuddered from the massive breaths. Just as the red of reality faded into black the pain started, it ripped my small body apart, my bones snapped and shattered and realigned. I howled with pain as my skin stretched and my claws and fangs were ripped out and replaced. White tried to help me, but there was nothing he could do, after all those years I was finally shifting.