Prologue

My mom always quoted, “In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” What she forgot to mention, that while life does go on, it hard to move on with it.

You’re stuck in one place, reliving the same nightmare over, and over, until you can get it right. You want to go back and change the bad things that happened, and fill them with the good.

You plead, and you beg, staying still and living in that moment awaiting the adjustment to happen. When it doesn’t happen, you’re dumbfounded; upset.

You don’t know what I would do to go back to that day and change it; I’d give anything. However, life cannot be lived backwards, it’s only understood. Nonetheless, most of us still don’t understand it.

It’s been a year since it’s happened. The counselor said to move on, my mom said to move on, fuck, even my tutor told me to move on. So I did. They didn’t say anything about letting go, though, I could never let it go; it was something I had to live with.

We repeat our same mistakes again, and again, in hopes of a different outcome. The outcome that never comes. I, however, have accepted that I cannot change the past, but that doesn’t stop me from living my life.

Dr. Seuss once said, “Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.” He was wrong though. How could you smile for something that was so awful to live with? How could you not cry for something terrible? How could you live with it every day, knowing that there was a possibility to stop it?

I for one didn’t understand it; but I lived by it. I didn’t cry when it happened, I just stood there staring quietly; mute.

. . .

AN: So yeah, this is it. hope you like it and its not horrible. Comment, Fan, Vote

Thanks,

T.L.