Chaper 6: Passion Unleashed

Copyright 2015 © Rosesareforever

Haunted by the Past

Chapter 6

Passion Unleashed

Darkness completely covered the sky by the time David and Stephanie arrived at her apartment building in the city, a few lonely stars peeking through the clouded night. The ride had taken longer than expected due to the busy traffic, obligating them to spend over half an hour in a small space together. Surprisingly, they hadn't killed each other off, nor did they have any battle wounds except for the turmoil they felt after arguing about the most useless topics. Clearly, it was too much to ask for them to get along, even if it was for only a short period of time.

After he parked his car with ease, David stepped out of the BMW to accompany Stephanie to the front door of the apartment building, like a real gentleman – with ulterior motives. No one really expected him to behave, did they? As expected, Stephanie didn't thank him for dropping her off, simply glared in his direction. He wondered how much longer her façade would hold before the masks would start slipping off and she'd show the real Stephanie hiding underneath all those layers of complete and utter bullshit. The woman was so damn complicated, such an enigma, that even the toughest women suddenly seemed easygoing compared to her.

When she turned around to ascend the staircase and leave him on his own, David called out her name, his lips lifted in a confident smirk. "Didn't you forget something?" he half asked, half taunted. Extreme satisfaction coursed through him when she frowned, adorably confused, before her features twisted into another deadly glare. She was too easy to wind up. Had she still not learned that it only managed to amuse him when she got annoyed? Her angry glares were sexy as hell.

"What?!" she called out, halting.

Not giving her time to react or prepare for the invasion of her personal space, David crossed the remaining distance between them in two long strides and pulled her forcefully against his chest. It wasn't a move he'd prepared, but now he put his mind to it he knew exactly what to do to make her loosen up. A gasp left her surprised lips before he brought his mouth down on hers and kissed her with so much ferocity that it left them both utterly breathless. Refusing to let her block him out, he tangled his fingers in her long tendrils of hair and pushed his tongue past her plump lips.

It took Stephanie a good three seconds of resistance before she finally relaxed in his embrace and gave in to the kiss, wrapping her toned legs around his waist and knotting her fingers into his short ash-blond locks. Nothing could've prepared David for the passion that would be unleashed inside of him when she finally gave in. His entire body felt like it was lit on fire. Weeks of pent up lust and frustration seemed to make him lose his damn mind.

Pushing her against the closest wall, her core pressed snuggly against his rock hard côck, David waited until she'd come back to her senses and push him away. It didn't happen. Those hands he was sure that would push him off of her, only pulled him closer, her fingers ranking through his hair. "David," she moaned breathlessly as she wantonly rubbed herself against him, her chocolate eyes clouded with lust.

He'd wanted her to lower her walls, wanted to catch a glimpse of emotion, a spark of the constant sexual tension sizzling between them. What he hadn't expected was for her to completely light up in his arms. She didn't try to get away from him like he'd been sure she would, she didn't start cursing or calling him names. No, as usual, the woman shocked the hell out of him by becoming putty in his hands. Predicting her next move or reaction seemed to be close to impossible.

"Upstairs. Now." It was an order, one filled with a mixture of impatience and fury.

Not wanting to set her off, David followed the command, wrapped his arms tighter around her body and practically ran for the stairs. It wasn't an easy task to get her to her apartment in one piece, not when she kept sucking on the pulse point in his neck, her nails digging into his skull. She was almost as desperate for him as he was for her. The woman couldn't seem to get enough, couldn't stop touching him. It was turning David's brain into mush, not a single clear thought crossed his mind.