cнαpтer тwo

Friday morning arrived way too soon. The sun was barely up, but Sarena's alarm blarred loudly in her ear. She groaned and rolled over to hit the 'snooze' button. She rolled back over and sat up straight.

Her body was aching and her head was throbbing. She partied too hard the previous night. Getting out of bed, she went straight to her bathroom to get ready for her early morning class. Sarena took a light shower, lathering herself in sweet smelling scents and clensing her body.

She had her towel wrapped around her body as she went back into her room. Her phone was buzzing, indicating that she had a phone call. She answered it, "What bitch."

"Goodmoring to you, too, Sunshine." Latavia spoke on the other line. Even though she was in the same house as Sarena, just a room down, she called her to make sure she was awake. "How was the party?"

Latavia had reminded Sarena of her bittersweet experience last night. She took a deep breath and let it out, angrily. She put her friend on speaker phone and tossed it on her bed. "Girl, let me tell you.."

As she retold the story, Sarena scanned through her closet to look for something to wear. Sarena was a fashionista and had to look her best everywhere, and anywhere, she went to. But today, she had decided on wearing a plain, navy blue Spelman sweatshirt that had the school name in white. She grabbed some acid-wash, light blue jeans and her blue, sparkly Uggs out her closet as well. She wasn't in the mood that morning to pick out an outfit, and she needed to focus on her hair anyway.

She sat at her makeup vanity and flat-ironed her curly weave to make it bone straight to reach her lower back. After the 30 minutes it took, she colored her lips with the 'Shy Girl' Mac lipstick and fixed up her eyeliner and mascara. She put on some diamond earings and a diamond laced Michael Kors watch. She made sure all her books and paperwork was in her bookbag as she gathered the rest of her things to put into her tote purse.

Latavia shook her head and smacked her teeth, "I can't believe Khyree did that. I sent him there just to fuck witcho' ass. Damn, my bad, girl," Latavia was just finishing her makeup, "You ready?" She asked her, even though she didn't have to be at her morning class that early. She was going to eat breakfast at the café, then go to study hall.

Talking to Latavia about what happened the night before reminded Sarena to unblock Khyree from her phone. "Mhm, come to my room." Just as soon as she hung up the call, Latavia barged into Sarena's room and scanned her outfit.

While Sarena was dressed like she just woke up, Latavia had on a white fluffy crop top sweater, a burgundy fitted skirt, black stockings, and white sparkly Uggs that matched Sarena's. She had put some effort into what she had on whereas Sarena could careless. "I thought you said you were dressed?" Latavia asked, laughing. Sarena rolled her eyes, making up her bed and touching up her room before she left.

The girls walked out of the room and made sure all the lights were off and the alarm systems were on. They walked outside and stopped on the top step, "So, who driving?" Latavia asked. The building she had to get to wasn't too far to walk to, but it was 5:30 in the morning and the building Sarena had to go to was on the other side of where their house was.

Sarena shrugged, "My car 'bout outda gas anyway."