Twenty Eight - "You don't have to hide your feelings."

Justin’s Point of View:

The whole car ride back to my place was absolute silence. John kept his mouth shut, looking ahead of him and Kelsey was looking outside, slightly shaking from the cold air to the fact that she was in only a bra under my jacket.

I gritted my teeth together, locking my jaw tight. The thought of Luke even putting his hands on her sent me over the edge.

I should have never let her get into that car.

I should have never provoked her into getting so angry.

I should have just told her the truth about Jen.

I gripped onto the steering wheel even tighter, despite all the pain radiating off my body. I may have beaten Luke to the pulp but he did a bit of damage to me too.

John looked at me, sending me a look of sorrow.

I just shook my head, trying not to get myself too heated.

All I could think about was killing the bastard; to make him pay for all the hurt he inflicted on Kelsey and I should have but I couldn’t. Not when Kelsey was begging me not to. It would have been one thing if it were a spur of the moment kind of thing but tonight… was different. She was scared, shirtless, bruised, cut up and desperate to leave and I couldn’t bring myself to upset her even more.

Rounding a corner, it took me a few more minutes before I swiftly drove up the driveway leading to the house and stopped the car. I leaned back in my seat, letting my head fall back against the headrest.

The soft roaring of the car was the only sound heard amongst us all that could make anyone go insane.

John looked at me once more before with one nod and pat to the shoulder, he opened the car door, shutting it behind him before he disappeared into the darkness.

I kept my mouth shut, not knowing what to say at this point.

I heard shuffling from the back but decided to ignore it.

I just wanted to close my eyes and disappear forever. Maybe that way everything would go back to normal and Kelsey would be out of harms way.

After a few minutes, I decided it’d be best if I said something, anything just to avoid the silence. “Do you want to go home or?”

I waited for an answer, tapping my fingers on the arm rest.

“No.” Kelsey murmured softly. “I can’t have my parents seeing me like this…” She whispered.

I nodded my head, leaning over and pulling my keys out of the ignition. Opening the door to the car, I slammed it shut before making my way around over to Kelsey’s side. Pulling at the handle, I crouched down to Kelsey’s level. I caressed her cheek slightly before sliding my arms under her legs and around her waist where I then picked her up, shutting the door closed with my hip, making my way up the path that led to the front door.

To my luck, it was already opened slightly. Kicking it open with my foot, I walked inside the house and up the stairs, not even bothering to see if the guys were here or not.

Turning down the hall, I opened the door to my room before walking inside and settling Kelsey down on my bed. I looked down at her before sighing and moving away and over to the door where I shut it closed softly.

Kelsey’s Point of View:

I watched as Justin shut the door to his room, leaving us together, alone. I gulped, licking my lips.

My whole body ached and my head throbbed endlessly with a painful headache.

Tonight was something I couldn’t describe to you even if I tried. It felt like it came out of some sort of soap opera or something.