Chapter Twenty Five - "I don't tolerate liars."

Justin’s Point of View:

I let out a frustrated growl as my balled up fists met in contact with the table in front of me. “This is fucking ridiculous!” I screamed, red in the face.

“Bro, calm down.” John smoothly spoke but I vigorously shook my head, ignoring him.

“How the fuck can’t we track her? Is this shit broken or something?” I kicked the table where our equipment was sprawled across on.

Seeping in a sharp breath, I ran my fingers through my hair before pulling at the ends of my hair.

“Kicking the table won’t make it work, Justin.” Bruce spoke up now with a shake of his head. “You need to sit your ass down and focus.”

I paced the floor, ignoring his words as well. All I knew was that I had to find Kelsey before I lost it.

Bruce bit his tongue to keep from saying something that would push me over the edge. “What else could you tell us?”

“What more do you want me to tell you?” I spat, turning to look him in the eye. “All I know is that she drove with that son of a bitch down the block from the diner in a red convertible.”

Bruce rubbed at this forehead frustratingly. “We’ll find them. Okay? You just need to calm the fuck down and focus. We can’t have you kicking the table every time you think we’ve lost it. We can’t find her like this, if all you’re going to do is make a scene.”

“I’m not making a scene,” I lowly exclaimed. “I just can’t risk waiting.” I scowled. “It’s been, what? An hour now that we’ve sat here trying to find where she is? What if she needs my help right now?” The thought of her being in trouble brought a wave of worry across me.

“Why the fuck did she run away from you in the first place?” Bruce hissed.

I shrugged, scratching at the back of my neck.

Bruce bitterly chuckled in disbelief. “Don’t shrug at me boy and tell me the god damn truth. What happened?”

“We went to the diner, she got mad and left.” I looked away.

“Yeah but why?” Bruce stressed as he stared at me intently.

I sighed. “I didn’t know Jen worked there as a waitress and she came to get our orders. I told her to leave, Kelsey figured out we knew each other, she wanted to know how and she wanted to know why. I wouldn’t tell her and she got angry and left.” I bit my lip, thinking back to our fight.

I was such an idiot.

I should have just told her…

“Why didn’t you tell her?”

I let out a deep breath. “How am I supposed to explain the bullshit that surrounded our lives? Huh? How could I possibly explain that Jen was a back stabbing two faced slut that ended up screwing me over?”

“By saying just that.” John spoke up now, speaking in a matter-of-fact tone.

I rolled my eyes. “And then she’d want to know why Jen was what she is.” I shook my head, licking my lips. “I couldn’t risk it. Okay? Besides, Jen and I’s past is our past. It was none of Kelsey’s business.”

“Well, if she’s your girl, bro, she deserves to know.” John gave me a pointed look.

“Who says she’s my girl?” I spat.

“Dude, who are you trying to play here?” John scoffed. “I know you like the back of my hand and I also know that if this girl meant nothing to you, you wouldn’t have gone through all this,” He gestured to us all and the table, “just to find her. Not to mention, I overheard what you told Bruce.” He waved a finger at me, a smirk at his lips.