Chapter 14 - Outing

"Oi, Ice Prince," Cece calls out loud and my eyes widen in horror as I gasp and pull his arm, as if like that I could take back what he did. "What?" he whispers to me. "You wouldn't call his name," is the excuse he gives me, shrugging and with a mischievous smirk.

I hide my face in my hands, completely ashamed when Gareth Maddox actually looks up. I can barely register his slightly surprised expression when he sees Cece and I standing in the lift, stopping this from closing so we can have a chat.

We have a two days break from shooting and everything else, although not exactly for me. I just had a meeting and ended very exhausted, so Cece proposed to go out to a bar or something to have fun. The point is to get distracted and forget all the worries from work. So he came to my room and made sure to pick my outfit and do my makeup so I look easily twenty-one and we avoid people asking for my ID or anything. Whilst he was doing my makeup and hair he mentioned I should invite my "new friend" to join us.

After that day I went to talk to Gareth we've had some other minor conversations. He is always polite and nice to me whilst he's cold and standoffish to anyone else. I've told about all that to Cece and he thinks Gareth probably hates everyone else but me, I say it's just because he's introvert but Cece doesn't buy that, though. I also commented to him how I feel bad about Gareth never having fun and always working. Hence, he suggested to make sure Gareth has fun during this production, besides the whole acting which is what he likes best, apparently.

Foolishly, I said that if we ran into him I would invite him. I never imagined we would actually run into Gareth Maddox on our way down! I mean, what are the odds? Of course, I froze when I saw him, knowing clearly what I told Cece to do and that is why he called out for him.

"Ann?" Gareth speaks, clearly confused as to why the person next to him is calling for him, and using that nickname on top of everything.

"Hi," I manage to get out, knowing pretty well that I'm blushing and that Cece is smirking next to me. "What are you up to?"

"Going for a walk," he replies and I notice his eyes going to Cece for a few seconds and then coming back to me. My friend is still holding the doors. "You?"

"We're going out," I explain. "Oh, this is my friend Cece, he's also a makeup artist in this production," I introduce and Cece waves cheerily.

"Big fan," Cece says. Gareth just nods, his expression colder than usual.

"Would you... would you like to join us? We're just going to a bar," I add, feeling my stomach tied in knots, wanting to run and hide because it's getting too hot in here and he's watching me with brows slightly furrowed.

"I'm not sure that's my thing," he says and I'm about to let it go but Cece literally elbows me, which is clearly a sign I must insist.

You must make sure he gets fun, then! Do something and don't accept a no for an answer, said Cece a while before so I know he is trying to remind me of that now.

"Come on. You said you're always working and it's just us two. Just to see the town and have some drinks," I continue. "I'd feel bad as a producer later on if I know you only came to work and that you got bored during the breaks. I made sure to have two-days break from time to time for everyone."

"You made sure of that?" he asks, one eyebrow arched and I smile at him.

"Yes. I want everyone to feel good during the shooting. Otousan arranges one-day breaks for the crew but never everyone on the same day 'cos it delays the shooting, but I changed that," I explain and I'm pretty sure he is impressed.

Okay, technically speaking, he barely shows any expression whatsoever. I think that for anyone else it would look like nothing changes on his face, but I've been paying a lot of attention to him, trying to get better at reading his expressions so I think I'm learning to catch those small changes.