Ch 52: Five Minutes

A/N: omg some of you have started shipping Aldric and Calla.

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE ALDRICS SERECT SO I MAY LAUGH.

hehehehehe. jk jk.

I'm already laughing.

Long chapter!

~~

Kaden POV:

"You told me to give her the night Gwen so I gave her the night. I need to see her I have to talk to her."

Gwen shook her head at me sipping her tea, she was still super upset Kaden i think you should give her space."

I didn't want to give her space. I wanted to pull her into my arms and make her smile again. I wanted to brush my fingers through her hair and tell her how much I love her. I wanted to fall to knees before her and beg her to forgive me.

I have never begged for anything in my life.

But I would beg for her, grovel at her feet like men I used to find so pathetic. I need her.

God I need her.

I had gone to Gwen's room last night and leaned against the door Knowing Calla was in there.

The girls quite sobs ripped my heart from my chest and it took everything I had not to throw that door open.

Gwen said to give her the night.

So I didn't throw the door open. I didn't rush in there and pull her into me, I didn't try to rid her of her tears.

It nearly killed me but I sat by the door and listened to her soft crying on and off as she would drift and wake until dusk.

I needed to just so I knew she was still there, I had to because every little cry she would make and every little hiccup was another knife into my heart.

I did that to her and I felt lower than dirt because of it.

"Gwen...I can't just sit her why she's miserable."

Calla should never be upset much less miserable.

Gwen rolled her eyes, "I'm going to assume thats why theres some random pet locked in this huge cage in your dungeon?"

My lips formed a thin line, "I was planing on dealing with that after my brother left. Calla had so much on her plate."

She rose a brow at me.

I flinched a bit, "...And I know I didn't help that."

She nodded, "Kaden...even if we try...Calla while sweet is a bit umm how do I say this? She's a little bit unforgiving? set in her ways? She may never forgive you, She may never want to be with you again."

I looked at my hands, "I know. I know that very well and if she does not...I ask you to take her for me."

Her eyes went impossibly wide, "Kaden..."

"She likes you and I don't want her hurt seeing me every day...I know she may not forgive me and I won't ever blame her for it...I just need her to stop crying god I need her to smile again and if I can't do that I know you'll find a way."

She fumbled for words, "but you love her so much Kaden."

I nodded, giving a soft sad smile, "I know that better than anyone Gwen, Calla is my world. Which is why if its better for her if it makes her happy I need to let her go. It would kill me to do so but I need her to be happy."

She nodded tears in her eyes, "I-I'm sure she will. She loves you too...she wouldn't be so upset if she didn't. we just need to work really hard and you two will be making out in hallways again and cuddling and doing whatever you two do in no time. We just have to work hard."