To Be Afraid Chapter 2

I sat out on the lawn just as tha cab pulled up. I quickly picked up AnnaBeth and our bags and got into the car. I didn't need to tell him the adress because it was always a my brother's old girlfriend's older brother, Nathaniel. "Hey Nathaniel." I greeted as i carefully buckled in AnnaBeth. He couldn't talk so he just nodded and drove to Joey's.

----

Nathaniel pulled up into Joey's house and I thanked him while grabbing all our things and helped AnnaBeth out. Joey was running down his driveway to help us. He grabbed both of our little backpacks since we always left our school bags at his place so it wasn't somethign more we would need to brign with us when we have to rush out. I was really dreading calling Joey this time though. Since we started gettin beat, Joey's mom threatened to call child services but i knew that we would be seperated and I couldn't have AnnaBeth lose another sibling. I limped inside with Joey holding a crying AnnaBeth. I hated seeing her cry, it killed me to know that she was hurt. I started into the living room and I saw a group of people I never wanted to see. Ever. I looked to see two police officers, a doctor and a few child workers. " Excuse me, are you Kailyn Robinson?" A women in a blue blazer suit asked me. I sighed frustrated. " JOEY!" I yelled for him. He came running in, Annabeth in tow. I snatched AnnaBeth, wincing in the quick movement. " Joey, I told you and your mother not to call anyone or tell anyone! They'll spereate AnnaBeth and me!! You know that not only AnnaBeth can't, but I can' lose another sibling!!" I screamed at him feeling betrayed. "Its for your own good Kail! Please just listen to them!" He yelled softly back in a soothing manner. Tears spilt from my eyes and I couldn't even wipe them. " Kailyn, my name is Joanne, if you could just let us listen to your story and let my friend, Dr. Roberts, look at both you and AnnaBeth." I shook my head furiously. "No. You'll sperate my sister and I! We've been through enough without you guys splitting us!!" I screamed. " Kailyn, Joey's mother has made a generous offer to adopt you both. If you coudl just tell us your stories." I pondered for a minuite then nodded. It was time to tell them the worst part of my life.