monster in disguise

As I stopped to catch my breath he came closer and closer. A few seconds later he was so close that I could hear his heart beat, every beat was like a drum ringing in my ears. The tress seemed to move free from the ground. Shadows were floating in every direction, and then one catches me. I try and scream but something is covering my mouth. I break free and stumble to my feet, and then everything goes dark...

I was 16 when my idiot of a father left me and my mother. We had no house, and no food. So once the court date was over we had to pack up the very few things we had and left the only place we ever known. We didn't really know where we were going, but we got in the car and drove till we ran out of gas and that's what we will call home. We came up to this old house, in the middle of the country. It was a nice little house, we didn't have to pay much for it, and that's what we would call home sweet home.

A few months passed and mom and I both got a job and we started fixing the house up little by little. we started ripping out the walls and we found this old looking note. It read: once in you will never leave. If you try you will never succeed, this house is cursed and now that you are reading this so are you.

PS. when you enter this house, you die in this house.

"Ok so that wasn't the best thing to read, but it's probably just some kid trying to scare people away so they can hang-out or something" I said to my mother. She looked like she had seen a ghost.

She swallowed hard, and said, "Yeah probably...I guess"

We just clean up the dust and took the rest of the day off. An hour or so passed and we had a knock on the door "Hi, Mrs. Peterson! My name Is Bradley Cummings but you can call me Brad. I'm your next door neighbor and I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood!"

I just look up and smiled. "Hi, I'm Crystal Peterson but you can call me Chris. And I think you looking for my mom, not me."

"Oh, I guess so. Where is she?"

"I'll go get her. I'll be right back and you can have a seat in the living room, if you want," I told him.

"Sure, thanks."

As I ran up the stairs I heard a loud crash and ran towards one of the bedrooms. I swung open the door and saw my mother lying on the floor with shards of glass going through her arm. I scream and a second later Brad busted in the room.

"We need to get my mom to the hospital, do you drive?" I asked in a panic.

"Yes, I drive. Hurry, she's already lost a lot of blood!" he said, helping me lift my mom off the floor. As we got in the truck, my mother started to throw up a bit of blood. We got in the pick-up truck and drove as fast as we could to the hospital.

We burst in the hospital's ER doors and scream for help. My mother was taken into surgery to remove the glass. A few hours passed and we were waiting for her to wake. I look at Brad and said, "I'm glad you were home when all this happened. I don't know what I would have done without you."

"I'm glad I was there too. Some people say there's a curse on that old house, but I don't think so. This was probably an accident."

A pale look came over my face" Oh, really?" I paused. "I think you can go home now. We'll find a way home. Your wife is probably missing you by now."

"Oh that's fine, I can stay." A few moments passed, then he said, "there is no wife... she passed about a year ago."

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean..."

"It's ok," he said, cutting me off. We waited for a while longer and then we went for snack downstairs, in the cafeteria. We talked for a little while, about things that go on in the summer around town...well whats left of it anyway. What they call "town" is a hospital, drugstore, bars and a grocery store. "It's not much, but it works," he said smiling.