#19

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Chapter 19- Unedited

"Where are you going?" Lisa's voice stopped me dead in my tracks as I was trying to leave the house silently.Turning around with my hand on the door knob, I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm just going for a run in the forest" I partially lied. Truth is I was going to the forest but it was to meet Kyle not for a run. I was just around ten in the evening and I guess me going for a run was very common because she didn't even question it.

"Can I come with you?" she said making her way towards me.

"No, please I just want to be alone" I said to her, Rose said not to tell our mates about tonight and I was certainly not going to risk that.

She looked hurt for a bit but she nodded her head anyway "Its okay, I understand and I hope you will forgive me for earlier"

"Its okay, we can forget about it right?" I asked her with a smile on my face and she nodded. Lisa had been a good friend to me and I wasn't going to be angry just because she interrupted an intimate moment between me and Paul, I would be angry too if my mate was to go and leave me.

"Sure, thanks" I flashed one last smile and left. When I got to the usual clearing, I was glad not to find any vampire bodies but Kyle sitting there and waiting for me.

"Took you long enough" he snorted

"I bumped into Lisa and had to come up with a story because I didn't want her come with me" I explained. I don't know why I did it but I just felt the need to explain it to him.

"Good" he nodded his head slightly

"So whats with the secret meetings?" I asked him, I don't know why he asked me to meet him here and why I even agreed. Isn't this classified as cheating?

"Rose asked me to bring you here so that we can go together to her quarters" my face fell a bit. For some reason I was hoping he wanted to spend sometime with me.

"Oh" I merely said

"Okay its time to go, this is going to take much longer than I thought" Rose spoke from behind me, making me curse under my breath. She likes creeping up on me.

"Is Ethan coming too?" I asked turning to face her

"No, its just you and Kyle" she replied "and don't ask why"

"Sure because I'm not curious at all" I said sarcastically. She just laughed at me. It happened to fast, I don't know what happened really but one minute I was standing at the forest the next I was in a dark room filled with herbs and containers. A witches compound.

"Now, there's a reason you are here. She is going to need you when I'm done with her" Rose told Kyle.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked. I also wanted to know what she meant by that, I mean this was already creepy and this dark room wasn't helping at all the last thing I need is her riddles.

"Patience young ones, patience" she said sweetly moving around the room. It was a very small messy room, with no carpeting, no chair, no table just the ground and cupboards where containers on herbs were placed and had everything lying around, it was crazy.

"You live here" I asked her

"No, this is were I come to practice deep magic" she said grabbing a blanket and spreading it on the ground "Lay down" she ordered

"Oh no, I think I'll just stand" I said eyeing the ground warily, there's no way I was lying there.

"Okay, you'll be on the floor most of the time anyway so its alright" she said shrugging her shoulders. We watched her in silence as she paced around the blanket, chanting softly and pouring some water at the side of the blanket.