Chapter Thirty-Five: Payback's A B*tch

"Ready?" I asked Adam, fixing the collar of his dress shirt for him. He nodded and showed the camera to me. He already done the settings for me, and all I have to do is to find the perfect spot inside the room.

We took a deep breath before turning to the door and pressing the small button that acted like the doorbell in that hotel room. I hid the camera behind my book as my father opened the door for us and we presented him with a smile.

"You're early," he mentioned, allowing us in. Kate was still in the middle of fixing her makeup, when she turned to me, her eyes widened at her laptop that was under Adam's arm.

From the start, we knew that it wasn't broken. What we did was we had every file of hers backed up in two hard drives that are now resting inside my huge purse.

He handed it to her and I knew she wasn't trying to be suspicious by holding herself back, trying to stop her shaking hands to turn on the laptop and to see if we did any damage.

Sorry, I'm not like a pathetic evil mastermind like you, I actually cover my tracks.

"Check if it's working properly," Adam said to Kate and my father approached to also take a look at the device. Adam gave me a subtle nod as the two were occupied; I went to the drawers and placed the camera slightly behind the lamp. It was hidden but it was positioned so that it could still capture most of the room.

"It's working," Kate said, signaling that their attention was now diverted. I stood straighter and turned to them, showing the couple a tight lipped smile. Though I knew she was hesitating, she still managed to say, "Thank you."

"It's alright," I shrugged, sitting on their bed. Well, more to the edge of it, so that I could still be in the view of the camera.

Camera is placed, Kate is slightly nervous, now all we have to do is to get my dad out of the room.

I glanced towards Adam and when he caught my gaze, he cleared his throat, "So Uncle Rob, there's this thing that I have to talk to you about."

My father quickly perked up, turning to my best friend, "What is it?"

"It's a man to man thing," he tried to lie through his teeth. I'm mentally crying out good luck to him, because this might all possibly go horribly wrong and he may just burst into the room while I'm talking with Kate.

He nodded in understanding, "Then, ladies, we're going to go down ahead, just meet us in the lobby when you're done."

Adam walked up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, speaking in a hushed tone, "Good luck, don't kill her just yet, if you're in trouble, just call me," he told me, "And don't kill just yet."

Grinning, I circled my arms around his torso to give him a slight squeeze, "Good luck to you as well, I'll text you if anything goes bad happens."

We let each other go as I watched my father bend down and give Kate kiss on the cheek. My eye twitched in annoyance but I waved them goodbye as they went out of the room.

Good girl switch has now been turned off.

Well, I'm not going to let this water to simmer slowly before boiling, I'm just going to dump hot water right from the start.

Turning to Kate, I laced my fingers together and gave her a sarcastic smile, "So Kate, we haven't been completely alone for a long time."

Last time we did, was just before Adam managed to steal your laptop away for the first time.

I should have seen the sign since the time she picked out the wedding dress that had the same design as my mother's. She had been a good actress before, but she should know who she's dealing with - nobody can beat this princess in her own game.