Prologue~

This is just a little something I that has been on my mind for awhile. :)

==============================================================================

Prologue~

-Jonny's P.O.V.-

'You just had to have more candy. You couldn't just wait until tomorrow to get it Nooooo. You had to have it now.' Pulling my jacket closer I was steadily regretting my decision to go run out and get some chocolate. It was so cold and dark, did I say it was cold? The shadows were racing all around the tall buildings. Only two more blocks to go and I'm home sa-

'CRASH'

Oh god, what was that. I'm going to die, going to die, DIE. I, Jonny McClaire, am scared out of my everloving mind. My breath getting quicker causing little puffs of steam to come brusquely out of my parted pink, slightly chapped lips.

'CRACK'

The sound of skin meeting bone echoed in the alley ahead of me. 'It's just some rowdy teenagers trying to be tough, that's all it is.' Even I couldn't convince myself. Shoving my recently purchased candy bar into my purse, I cautiously stepped forward, might as well see what the fuss was about, right? Every fiber in my body was telling me to turn around and go the other way, yet I felt drawn to the shadowed alley. 'You're going to regret this Jonny, turn around, go back to your warm flat and read that book you've been dying to open.' But no, my stubborn self just had to see what was in that alley, even if I got hurt. Oh, was that an understatement.

Taking a deep breath and shaking out my hands I slowly crept forward. My canvas TOMS gently padding against the concrete walk. Fingers wrapped tight around my bag strap, nails digging into soft pale skin. London was not the place to be if you wanted a tan, but burning my skin wasn't the most important thing right now.

Reaching the corner, I was expecting the worst, tucking a stray piece of chocolate brown hair behind my ear. I let out a shaky breath. Building up my fragile courage I raised my foot ready to step into the shadows. Here goes nothing.

And, my foot is still raised. Why didn't I take the step? 'Coward. Weak. Go on walk forward, conquer your fear,be bra-'

"OW!"

What the heck?! Who knocked me over. My bum and hands were painfully tingling from smacking against concrete. Glancing wildly around I see two people running in the direction I just came from.

"JERKS!" I called out after them not caring if they could hear or not. That really hurt. They had to have come from the alley. Why were they running? How come concrete is so hard? Why didn't I just stay home. Pulling myself off of the ground I rubbed my hands together, wincing as the raw skin came together. I guess the alley is safe now. Some relief filtered into my body and I forgot about my scraped hands. Curiousity consumed me. I had to see what was in tht alley. What those people were running from. Courage welled up in me and this time I had no trouble stepping forward into the alley. Only to see...nothing. Just a dumpster, some trashcans, and a pile of garbage. The steady drip of a rain gutter was the only action going on.

"Well, that was all for nothing." I voiced my thoughts aloud. A frown etching on to my face. I got all worked up for nothing. Silly me. Spinning on my heel I almost missed the hand sticking out from behind some trash bags. Almost, but not quite. Soft TOM met bloody arm, and I saw the ground come up to meet me at an alarming rate. Flinging my already battered hands out against the dirty rocks. They ripped into my already torn skin, causing a fresh wave of pain to roll up my arms.

"This is not my night." Grunting I rolled on to my back, I had every intention on yelling at the person who tripped me. That thought flew out the window when my eyes landed on the unconscious man. No, the unconscious boy.

His lip was split and was still bleeding, the right side of his face was so swollen and cut up it hurt to look at. Bleached blonde hair was matted with dirt and blood. Pink lips slightly parted revealing tinted red teeth. Obviously from blood. I found myself wanting to know what color his eyes were. Hearing his breath come out in strangled pants, I temporarily forgot all about my pain. All my care and concern going to this battered boy. He looked young, around my age, maybe a year or so older. Glancing down I saw that half of his body was covered in plastic bags, in a sad attempt to cover him up I presume.

Ignoring my bodies protests I heaved myself up and dragged the bags away. My eyes widening as I revealed the torn and bloody clothes. How could someone hurt this beautiful person. Even under all the bruises, blood, dirt, and cuts, you could see the stunning boy beneath. Now, the next problem was how was I supposed to get him back to my flat. You must think I'm crazy for doing this but he needed someone to take care of him. My kind hearted self always helping out someone in need. No matter what the consequences.

Throwing my hands up to my hair I threw it up into a pony tail. Putting my hands on my hips I glared at the boy trying to come up with some sort of plan to lug him to my flat.

"Ughh." A pained groan left his lips and he shifted slighlty. I held my breath waiting tosee what would happen next. Without opening his eyes the boy sat up and put hand to his head. Bloody hand meetinga fresh bruise, he flinched.

"A-Are you okay?" I stuttered out. Immediately regretting my decision. His eye-lids flew open and shocked me back into silence. Liquid pools of blue stared at me. Cold, glinting, full of unknown emotion. They looked like endless like you could get lost in them forever.

"Who are you?" The boy ground out and I instantly fell in love with his voice. It was thick with an Irish accent. Making him so much more attractive. What? Snap out of it Jonny you need to help him, not want to kiss him senseless, while his hands run through your ha-

"Did you not hear what I said?" The Irish boy growled out. His temper sparking his eyes getting impossibly dark. Looks like he has a short fuse.

"I-I'm sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted help. I was going to take you back to my flat and clean you-"

"I don't need help." Trying to stand up, only to have his legs give back out the Irish lad slumped against the wall. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying a snotty comment. Instead I went with being kind.

"Are you sure? My flat is warm and I could make you some food? I am a pretty goo-"

"Food?"

"Um, yeah you look like you could use it?" Keeping my gaze to the my feet I awaited his answer.

"Fine, but it's only because you said food." He said stubbornly. I had to bite my lip to keep my face from breaking out into a grin. Sticking my hand out I looked at him waiting. He sighed but finally placed his hand in mine. His calloused fingers gripping my soft ones as he pulled himself up almost bringing both of us down. Sucking in a breath at the pain in my hand I willed it back. The Irish boy was way worse than I was. Pulling his arm around my shoulder we started walking towards my flat.