Scary: Don't Go To Sleep Angry

This is my friend's story. And this is through their POV.
________________________________________________________

Ever heard of don't sleep when you're mad? My parents have taught me that ever since I was young, but sometimes you just can't help it, you know?

When I was around 7 years old, I got in an arguement with my dad. I don't remember what we were talking about, but all I know was that I was so, so mad at him. I ended up running up to my room and smashing the door behind me.

I beat my fists on the pillow and was in the verge of crying, but I knew that would mean I was vulnerable. I guess I ended up going to sleep.

Probably in the middle of the night, I woke up sweating, remembering that I was mad at my dad. My throat was dry, so of course, my first intention was to get up and get a drink of water.

I tried lifting my head, but I couldn't.

It's not that I couldn't, though. It felt like there was a weight on me and I couldn't get up.

I tried speaking, but my throat also felt like it was being clogged up. Then I tasted something weird inside my mouth that tasted something like metal. It was watery though.

Something like... blood.

I started to panic and looked around for something to help me. Too panicked and unable to move, I did nothing but start choking on what was probably blood.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a cloudy, dark shape coming towards me with something that looked like two red dots.

Eyes.

I started to hyperventilate while swallowing at each breath I took. I couldn't stop it. I was panicking and didn't know what to do. Just what was happening? Where's my mom? Where's my dad?

Now, I could feel the coldness of the dark figure. It only touched my leg and my whole body started tingling, going numb. I couldn't feel the softness of my bed anymore. I couldn't even hear my breathing anymore.

Someone please help me.

I closed my eyes tightly as I took shallow breaths.

Dad, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...

At that moment, some of the weight lifted just enough for me to gather all my strength and reach up with my right hand. I felt warmth surround my palm and something pulled me up.

I began crying as the weight was completely gone and I cried for my dad.

"Dad! Daddy!" I yelled.

My parents came rushing in, panic in their faces.

As soon as I saw my dad, I hugged him and didn't let go. "I'm sorry."

So remember, don't go to sleep angry. Maybe something worse could happen to you.