Chapter 1- Hospital

"Poor Stella. Are you to stupid to do anything?" My father asked hovering over me as I lay on our kitchen floor, in a small puddle of my own blood and tears. I closed my eyes so I didn't see him, and the beer bottle in his hand. "Answer me!" He yelled. I nodded my head."Yes." I said softly. I felt a strong grip on my arm. He pulled me to my feet. "Stop bleeding! You are making a fucking mess!" he yelled. I covered my the gash on my face with my sweatshirt. "I'll clean it up." I said."Good!" he yelled. He left go of my arm and went into the living room to beat my mother. 

As soon as he left I called the police. I held the phone out so they could hear the blood curtailing screams of my mother, then I put the phone to me ear. "My father...is beating my mother..." I cried. "Sweetie, you hurt?" she asked. "Yes, my face is really bloody...and I thinking my wrist is broken...please send someone." I pleaded. "Police and medics are on the way, would yo like to stay on the line with me?" she asked. "N-No...I don't want to get hit again." I said then hung up. I felt extremely light headed. The kitchen began to spin and I passed out. 

When I woke up, my left wrist was in a cast, my head hurt like no tomorrow, I had an IV in my arm and I was laying in a hospital bed. I looked around. On the table to my right had my iPod, phone, and glasses on it, and to my left was all the hospital machines. It was such a familiar scene to me. I have been in the hospital a number a times before, but nothing like this. A woman walked in and smiled at me. "I see you're finally awake." she said. I nodded. "W-Who are you?" I asked. "I am Doctor Smith." she replied. I nodded. "How long was I asleep?" I asked. "Only three hours. Are you feeling better?" she asked. "Well, my head hurts, and I am slightly hungry, but other than that I am fine." I said. 

"That's good to hear. How is your wrist treating you?" she asked. "It hurts...a lot. Where is my mum?" I asked. She frowned. I didn't like that at all. "She...passed on the way here." she said. Tears began to sting my eyes. "And my father?" I choked. "He...shot himself...after assaulting an officer." she said. That I was kind of glad. The bastard was horrible to me and my mother. "S-So, I am a orphan." I stated. "Sadly Stella, but we will find a loving home for you." she smiled. 

That was settling. "May I ask what hospital I am at?" I asked. "The children's hospital in Greater London. Once you are able to be up and around, you will meet your case manager. I can tell you which will be tomorrow." she said. I nodded. "Do you need anything before I head to the next room?" she asked. "No, I'll be fine." I smiled. She nodded and walked out, softly closing the door behind her.

I sat up. I was unsure of myself at that moment. I have no family now. All my auntie and uncles, and grandparents are not alive anymore. It's just me. I am so alone now. I was home schooled so I have no friends, besides my ones on twitter, but they are all from the US. I sighed and laid down. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. 

The next morning around 7, Doctor Smith woke me up. "Would like to be in some normal clothes Stella?" she asked. I cleared my throat. 'Yes please." I replied. She handed me a bag. It had new clothes in it. "D-Did you buy these?" I asked. She nodded happily. "Thank you." I smiled. "You're welcome. I thought you might like it. You one of our more cooperative patients that are in this situation, so I thought I might give you a little gift." she smiled. She walked over to me and took my IV out. "The feels better." I said as she put a hot pink band aid on the tiny hole on my arm. "Well, I will let you get dressed and then we will take a walk." Doctor Smith said. I nodded. She walked out and closed the door. I got dressed and walked out. 

She was waiting for me. She handed me a pair of shoes to match. I smiled. "Thank you Doctor Smith." I said. "It's not a problem." she smiled. I slipped my shoes on and we started walking around.

[check out my weebly website for information about the story and the outfit's Stella wears. Thanks!]