XXIX: Gone

He carefully laid Elsa on the floor and saw blood staining in her clothes, one in the left chest and another one in the stomach.

"No! No!" Jack shouted. He pulled out his phone and called the emergency hotline. "I need a medic here!! Now!" He shouted at the phone and gave them the address before he hung up.

He looked at Elsa and put pressure on her wounds after he called a medic. Elsa groans in pain. "I'm sorry but I need to do this to stop the bleeding." Jack was shaking. His whole body was shaking.

'No! This is not happening!' his mind shouted.

"Ja-Jack" Elsa's voice croaked.

"Shh!" Jack shushed her. "You don't need to talk. Just open your eyes! Just looked at me" He was terrified. His body was filled with fear of losing her. He didn't know what to do.

Elsa reaches for his hand that was pressed on her wound. "Don't be scared, I'm okay" she was catching her breath.

"Just stay with me!" Jack ordered her seeing her skin was turning too pale. "Just stay with me" His voice broke.

Elsa touched his cheek and wipes his tears staining his face with her blood. Jack hasn't realized that he was crying.

"Please" She gulped, "Don't cry"

Her eyelids were starting too heavy. She was having a short breath. She could already feel life leaving from her body as the blood escaping nonstop in her wound. Her heart was beating loudly in a fast phase in her chest as if trying to make her stay alive. Her skin felt cold.

"Stay awake!" He put more pressure on her wounds. "Don't you dare close your eyes! Just looked at me!" He shouted at her as her eyes were starting to close. "Dammit, Elsa! Stay with me!"

He was starting to lose hope. "Where the hell is the medic?" He said between his teeth.

"I... I'm so-... rry Jack"

Jack shook his head furiously and whimpered hearing those words. He didn't want to hear those words; it only broke his heart more and more. "Stay awake for me Love" He whispered as a sob escape from his mouth. His chest was tightening as if someone was gripping his heart.

"I love you" She manages to say those words without stuttering.

"Please" Jack begged. "Don't say that as if you are saying goodbye."

Elsa weakly smiled at him. "I love you" she gasped, the pain was unbearable and her mind was telling her body to rest, to sleep. "Al... al - ways re... re - member i... i-it"

"Please! Don't leave me" Jack begged to pull her in his chest, tightly embracing her.

Just right after Elsa was about to close her eyes, both CIA and NBI agents ran in a rush towards them with a medic. The medics immediately do their work. The chopper was able to land right at the rooftop and there put Elsa on the stretcher to the chopper. Jack also went inside the chopper and they flew towards the nearest hospital.