My Secret Mystery Man

I had just stepped out of my car when I heard my best friend shout from across the school parking lot. I looked up and saw Maggie waving me over, a wide smile pulling up the sides of her lips.

Maggie wore a pair of distressed shorts that easily showcased her long, tanned legs; her feet were clad in a pair of white Converse All Stars. Her baggy cream off the shoulder shirt did nothing to mask her lithe figure.

Where she was tall I was more average height, giving me the advantage to blend in with the crowd when I wanted to. I had long blond hair that waved down my back, nearly reaching the top of my waist. My curves were a little more defined and pronounced, giving me an hourglass body as so many girls I've heard say before.

My eyes were a light blue that darkened with the seasons, while Maggie had moss green eyes, nearly the same as her brothers-

No! Don't think about him! Focus Katie!

I shook my head pushing thoughts of Maggie's brother out of my mind as I made my way over to her and some of our other friends.

Today, I wore a jean mini skirt that fitted to my hips with a leopard print shirt that dangled loosely on my frame with a black fedora sitting on top my head.

What can I say? Maggie and I were kind of fashion freaks. Even though we were popular Mags and I absolutely despised the Cheerleading team.

BE-AGRESSIVE! BE-BE- AGGRESSIVE! oh god could you get any denser then that? "Hey Kat" Mags smiled, walking over and giving me a big hug.

I smiled hugging her back. "Hey Babe, miss me?" I teased. "Every second" she laughed bumping shoulders with me.

"Can you guys just get married already?" Sady laughed. A firecracker African American with a model shaped figure as well. She was about the same height as me with mocha colored skin that was the definition of flawless. Her hair curled out in a tamed afro that just suited her personality to a T.

"Yeah! We both know you guys practically already live with one another" Jake added in, dodging a swipe from Mags and I, before running over behind Sady and using her as protection.

Sady giggled shoving Jake away from her. Jake and Sady had been dating for the past 3 months and they were already both crazy about one another.

Suddenly Maggie groaned from beside me. I turned to look at her, concern bubbling up inside of me thinking she might be feeling sick or something, when I realized that her eyes were focused on a very familiar lime green camero that was just pulling into the school parking lot.

"I hate him" Maggie growled, glaring full out as Cameron- the schools playboy, sports prodigy and her brother-stepped out of the driver's seat.

Cameron had messy brown hair that had a knack for falling in his eyes that were the same color as his sisters. He stood about a foot taller than me, his whole body made of pure muscle.

As soon as he had closed the door of his car, a group of football guys sauntered over along with the cheerleading squad, effectively moving to drape over his arms like he was their leader.

I had to hold back my look of pure disgust and hurt at the sight of all those girls hanging off of him. I secretly wished that I could do that, stand by his side and be the envy of every girl in school because i was exclusively with Cameron.

It wasn't because I needed the popularity boost or anything, it was because I had the world's biggest crush on him. 

But Maggie hated Cameron with a passion and had even warned me almost 3 years before that if I ended up liking Cameron as more than her brother then we were over. She never explained to me the real reason behind her hate for her brother and I never asked, knowing that it was a sore subject for her.