~Epilogue~

Dominick

The day my daughter was born I learned a lot about myself. First was, I was soft as hell. Second was, I fucking hate blood, Third was I wasn't prepared.

I wasn't prepared for a child, like I thought I was. When I saw my daughter for the first time, my heart strained. I didn't think I could love something so much. And I cried. I cried because as soon as she was born I knew that she was mine. I knew that in no time she would be walking around calling me her daddy.

She was so small, 5 pounds 6 ounces. But she was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. Nobody knows why Cassie went into early labor, but as soon as we heard the news we turned the car around. Luckily we made it there in time, and I was there every step of the way with Cassie.

My mom insisted that we still have a DNA test. And that just confirmed what I already knew.

She was mine. We decided to name her Ashlyn Marie Richords. 

That was 3 years ago.

Ash was walking, playing, and talking up a storm. She's her own little person and is my whole world. A little while into my Freshmen year, Cassie and her moved down here with me. We stay in a nice 3 bedroom apartment a few miles away from the College. 

It has been nothing less than a challenge staying with Cassie, and raising a child. I pray every day that God would hurry up and let me be drafted already. My classes are so draining, and then having to work on top of that. My parents send me a shit load of money every month but I put most of it towards Ashlyn. 

When ever I'm in my classes Cassie is taking care of  her, and when I get back from work she goes to her night classes. This has been the routine the past two semesters, and I don't mind, but it's tiring as fuck. Right now we were on spring break, and unlike normal college students we were at home taking care of our child instead of out partying.

That's another thing. I don't even have time to think about that shit. Some times Cassie goes out, and really I don't mind. It's just when she comes home drunk and shit that pisses me off.

Ashlyn doesn't need to see her mother like that. She was way to young, and I find myself having to watch everything I say cause she picks up on every damn thing. I was on my couch watching a couple basketball highlights when my little angel walked in front of the tv.

"Daddy?" her sweet voice said.

"Yes baby?"

"I thirsty."

I smiled and got up. My baby girl was too cute. I got her a juice box and poked the straw in for her.

"Tank you daddy." She said.

Honestly I never would have seen myself in this position. Catering to my daughter. Loving her.

But right now that's the only thing that's right in this world. Lord knows I'm not perfect. Cassie's way far from it. Right about now Ashlyn's the only good thing in my life.

 "When is your game tomorrow?" Cassie asked with attitude. At times I get so fed up with this chick. But I know I have to respect her cause she's my baby mama. Honestly I thought she was done with the bull shit a while ago. We even tried being together again, so we could be more like a family. But just like everything involving Cassie, it doesn't work out.

"I'm not sure, we get on the buses at 12 in the afternoon."

"Do you even know where it is?" I turned around to look at her. She was dressed in a short dress with some high ass heels."

"Nah." I said shortly. I was still learning to have some more gotdamn patients. Having kids doesn't make you tolerant of shit, especially when you're dealing with Cassie.