Untwined 05

After Chase dropped me off at my class, he started acting a bit weird.

"Amber, don't leave until I come and get you, okay?"

"Okay, I won't. But why do I have to wait for you?" He just looked at me and walked away. I stood outside my class watching his figure grow smaller. The bell rang reminding me that I would be late for class. I didn't even bother paying attention to the lecture; my mind was elsewhere. I felt my phone vibrate

(text)

Kyle: Hey Amber I got the flu and i had to stay home I had to let my mom know and she insists that I go and stay with her until I get better.. she is already her so i'm so sure when I will see you"

Me: Kyle why didn't you tell me sooner? I was worried this morning

Kyle: I'm ok Em, I asked Chase to watch over you while I'm gone hopefully Hayley will leave you alone, I'll talk to you later ok?

I shut my phone and went back to daydreaming. The bell rang signaling the end of class. As promised, Chase was there waiting for me along with James.

"Hey guys, Kyle just texted me and told me what's going on." 

"Yeah he told me this morning that he was going to call you later," Chase told me 

"Well I have to get to class before I'm late. Come on Amber, I'll walk with you," James smiled  The rest of the day just dragged on until the final bell rang. I walked to my locker, got my things, and walked home.

"Hey Amber, mind if I walk home with you? My ride ditched me because I apparently took my sweet time getting out," Jeff fell in step with me.

"Yeah, I sometimes forget that Hayley's your sister. So what's new with you?" We both kept talking until we got home and exchanged emails.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

comment and vote