Tip 19: Caught at Last

At dahil na-shock ako dahil may naiyak daw sa huling sinabi ni Chase sa last update at may nagsabi pa na baka daw ma-heartbroken sa update na ito, heto si Chase upang magpaliwanag ng lahat.

____________________________________

Chase's

After getting some medicine and a pot of coffee, I quickly headed for my bedroom and pushed the door open with my free hand. I stood still and had to bite back a groan at the image before me. Jasmin lay sprawled on her back, long, bare legs tangled in the sheets. Some of her bare stomach could be seen as the buttons on my polo shirt popped loose.

I smiled to myself. I never thought that this day would come. Napakagandang tanawin ang makita itong natutulog sa aking higaan na suot-suot ang aking damit na mahaba sa kanya.

I stepped forward, the light from the blinds slicing me into light and shadow as I set down the tray on the bedside table. Before sitting on the side of the bed, I took out the blinds from the window so that I could clearly see Jasmin as she slept.

With a contented sigh, I watched her sleeping beside me. She had a small, peaceful smile on her angelic face like she was dreaming something nice. I brushed my fingers along the side of her cheek as she rolled to my side. I didn't think I would ever tire of that sight. This was probably my favorite time to be with her: Watching her sleep, wondering what it was she dreamt about.

Naisip ko ang mga nangyari kagabi. I had spent some time at Green Point after our class. I tried to not stay constantly at Green Point's bar when Jasmin worked dahil bukod sa iniiwasan ko na ito ay ayoko namang makita nito akong nagpapakalasing pagkatapos ng nangyari. Of course, I wouldn't let her know how much her piercing words affected me. Though, I knew perfectly well that in the first place, it was my fault.

It was usually when my team mates didn't come out that I would leave early. Lately, I didn't mind because I prefer drinking alone and would go straight to a low class pub so nobody would recognize me.

Kung gaano ko iniiwasang makita ako ni Jasmin na ganoon ako, mas lalong ayokong makita akong ganoon ng mga kakilala ko. Ang hindi ko alam ay makikita ko rin pala ang babaeng aking iniiwasan ngunit palagi pa ring tumatakbo sa aking isipan sa pupuntahan ko.

I was filled with joy with Jasmin being here in my room, lying in my bed, breathing peacefully in her sleep, until more of yesterday's memories came flooding back to my brain and I frowned.

I chugged down the beer and signaled the waiter to get me another one. Maaga pa lang ay umalis na ako sa Green Point at pumunta dito sa malapit na pub. Ayokong maabutan ako ni Jasmin doon. Napagpasyahan kong sa isang sulok at madilim na bahagi pumwesto para maiwasan ko ang istorbo.

In my corner in the back of the room, I could see everything: the hectic crowd dancing, the panicking waiters, and the flairing show of the bartender. My eyes averted to every single person, as they busied themselves with what they were doing. Kinuha kong muli ang aking baso ng beer at ininom iyon, reminding myself that it's the fourth one.

I placed it back down on my table and turned around to watch the crowd dancing. Napadako ang aking tingin sa pinto when I saw someone new enter the pub. It almost looked like Jasmin but I knew it was impossible. Hindi ito pumupunta sa mga ganitong klase ng lugar kaya malabong siya 'yon. Shaking my head sadly, I picked up my beer again and took a small sip.

Ipinilig ko ang aking ulo at tumingin ulit sa babae na ngayon ay nakaupo na sa isa sa mga stool sa harap ng barista. Hindi pa ako nalalasing sa limang baso ng alak lang pero bakit hindi pa rin nagbabago ang anyo nito? Bakit nakikita ko pa rin si Jasmin kahit dito? Tinagalan ko pa ang tingin sa babae at doon ko nalaman na hindi pala ako namamalik-mata lang. She was here. Jasmin was definitely here.