Chapter Eleven ۞ Reprimanded

The return of the Twelve after their all-out, two-in a row mission in both Larkovia and Prelurèsia roused the excitement of the student body.

Apparently, the story of the locked-in city of Loquin became a hot topic of discussion between your everyday civilians, even catching the attention of the nobles. However, the true findings were kept confidential and the official citings of what truly happened during the seige and rescue was just about to be conducted.

After their sudden arrival, those who conducted the Sonar with their familiars crashed in their rooms and holed themselves up in their bed to take proper rest. The others who went with the ride were fairly tired themselves because of the stressful chain of events that ate at their schedule. Though fun, the entire duration of series of missions they performed took out a lot from each member.

The sight of the familiar living room made a few mewl in happiness. Tamara was not able to wait and ended up throwing herself on the sofa. In an instant, snores erupted from her mouth while everyone else were too weary to try and escort her to her sleeping chamber. One by one, they carried themselves up to their rooms, crowding the stairs.

"Damn, so tired . . ."

"Finally."

The choir of voices continued, eventually disappearing along the pitter-patter of footsteps accompanying them. Valeriana had chosen to sit back in an armchair to take a breather before eventually standing up and following the flow.

"Valeriana." Corvan's voice halted her on the spot and nudged her to turn her attention at the guy who stood before her.

"Yes?"

Despite answering, the first-ranker seemed to have trouble trying to open his mouth as he was silent. After spending the next few moments awkwardly, he turned away and shook his head.

"If this is about the carriage stuff, I'm sorry." She beat him to it. "I just thought that it'll keep on dragging the group down if I don't make it clear to the guy--"

"No." He cut in. "I apologize for having unnecessarily raised my voice. Your reasoning is logical and I have been insensitive." A pause rang in a deafening intensity. "I don't know what came over me."

"Oh." The atmosphere made her want to run upstairs and curl up under her bed. "Um . . . sorry again, for delaying the departure and not actually being able to ride Avaro back."

"Forget that. There'll still be a lot of opportunities to make up for it." With that statement, he willed his feet to move him forward and carry him up the flight of stairs.

"You mean . . . there's a next time?" Valeriana had a goofy smile at the thought.

"That depends entirely on the future. If it wills it, then so be it." He replied, never stopping from his tracks. Once he entered the point in which he would disappear from Valeriana's view, he spoke again. "See you at breakfast tomorrow."

"You too."

Valeriana never wished for a better closure of her day. As she entered her bedroom, she collapsed on the comfortable mattress and thought back on the recent developments and discoveries she made about herself. This trip brought about huge changes. If first, she left the academy feeling confused, now, she got a vague sense of direction.

Holding up Cifaro's soul crystal, she held it against her chest, close to her beating heart. It finally regained its brilliance.

Tomorrow, as usual, changes would be on their way. With this thought in mind, she closed her eyes and allowed her dreams to lull her in.

The morning rolled in sooner than anyone expected. They rose from their beds and started their daily routine in a slightly, dazed manner as though experiencing a hangover.