The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (9)

A/N: Shifting, here in Ireland, refers to making out. Ye learn something new every day :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up at my usual half past four in the morning even though I hadn't fallen asleep until two. I never felt ... refreshed, exactly, but I was never really very tired. I sat up and stretched - looking outside at the pitch black sky.

My stomach growled and I jumped up, taking a shower before feeding Joey then heading downstairs. The house slowly woke up around me, I could hear Daisy running circles around the table downstairs and I grinned to myself. I don't know why I was in such a good mood - Mom was coming home today, and I had to go to the cops for Jessica. I don't really get nervous - and anytime I'm involved in something very serious that I can't screw up - where any NORMAL person would be shitting a brick - I'm usually totally happy.

But then again, I'm not normal.

I grabbed a croissant from the cupboard, chewing slowly. My sickness seemed to have gone. My stomach still didn't feel totally settled but it wasn't like I had a cold anymore.

I opened the fridge and something caught my eye. Three, new, big, cartons of eggs. Time to wake up the neighbours with a little payback.

I brought the stereo from my room outside and using an extension cable I hooked it up and turned it on to the loudest setting. I could hear the electricity humming through it - waiting for me to play some music.

I grinned and ran back upstairs as quietly as possible - trying not to wake Ty. I didn't care about Jay.

I flipped through all of my CD's and finally ended up on an Eminem CD. Perfect - nothing like raw, cold, angry rap in the morning to piss someone off. I ran back downstairs - grabbing two cartons of eggs from the fridge.

I popped the CD in the stereo and skipped up to the one I wanted to play first. I opened the carton and pressed play.

Cinderella man blasted from the speakers, I could feel the vibration through my feet and I sat back against my front door quite comfortably, picking up an egg. I flicked my wrist and the egg went flying towards one of the two windows.

"Cinderella Man - If I had a time MACHINE!" I sang along quietly. "Music is my time machine, so call me ..."

I picked up another egg and this time, flicked my wrist towards the other window. Two windows - side by side facing directly towards my house. If I stepped out on my balcony upstairs I would be able to see their windows and directly into their rooms but they couldn't see mine. Life is good.

This egg shattered straight in the middle of the second window. I smiled. Nothing like annoying the neighbours this early in the morning to get you in an even better mood. I picked up another egg and tossed it, just as it was about to hit the window - the curtains flew back and the window was shoved open. And the egg landed squarely in the middle of Danny's face.

Or was it Kaden? I hope it was Kaden. I couldn't tell who it was from here. Who am I kidding, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell who it was up close either.

"ALI - SERIOUSLY, IT'S TEN TO FIVE, we have a GIG later! WHAT THE FUCK is your problem?" He shouted down at me, his face red as he furiously rubbed the yolk from his eyes.

I held up a single finger, motioning him to shut up for a minute, and picked up another egg. I had seen the curtains to the window on the right being flung open and I hurriedly flicked an egg towards the other window just as it opened.